Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Next Piece fron Artist Ted Selden: Suit Design


This one we're not sure what we are going to do with, it may become something for one of Ted's stories, which I know he's working on. If not, I'm thinking of using it as a base design for some of the later events in my stories; just because it looks awesome.

Ted Selden:

This is a piece of space armor that I drew in my sketch book with no knowledge of where the work would go. There is no story behind the armor. I think I had just been playing Metroid Prime too much, had just seen Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, or had seen some science fiction flick. Either way, I felt like making a creepy fictional space suit. I made the shapes with pencil in a book and later scanned the image into my computer. I debated over whether to use color or not, but decided to work in value. For those of you who are not artists, “working in value” means working in a gray-scale: no color. In between the metal plates and straps, the suit uses an air tight flexible substance to guard parts of the body that require more movement. I used the texture of my portfolio to provide the visual for this fictional material.

No comments:

Post a Comment