Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Dimensional Warriors: Metudo's Story Chapter 2



The next chapter following Metudo is up, next story chapter should be in 2 weeks, 1 if Ted doesn't get the art in, and we'll be focusing in on another main character! Enjoy!

Also note, Constructive criticism and comments are welcome!

Night fell early, as I laid down, the impact of the day hit me. My friends, those were gun shots. They were probably dead. What about Anatos? What about the rest of my family? Who all was affected? I slept uneasy, too upset to cry.

By morning I had a list of questions I wanted answered. Before I could start “Master” held his hand out, to silence me.

“Sit, eat.” There was a warm can of beans on a small mat we were using as a blanket. “Now, when you are done eating we will start walking. You may ask questions then.” With that he began packing away the campsite.

I sadly swallowed the beans, letting my brain wake up and piece together what was the most important question.

“Is my brother alive?” I asked, setting the can down.

“Yes.”

“Can you take me to him?”

“Yes.” Good so far.

“Then we'd better get moving, he won't last long in his condition.” I said, packing quickly.

“Out of questions already?”

“You probably know this, since you keep looking through my brain somehow, but he's still recovering from cancer. I can't leave him out here, our house wasn't far from Mark's we just need to head back that way and down the street..” I paused for a moment. This jungle was not only on the side of the road my house had been on, but it was well into Mark's house. I looked over at the old man, he was smiling coyly.

“More questions?”

“Yeah, what was that light? What were those things? Is my house still there? What about my Mom? Mark? Dad?” I began to breathe rapidly.

“Calm down.” He said, moving over to me. “I'm sorry to say, your parents, your friends, they didn't make it. Those black suited creatures you saw killed them.” There was a sudden ringing in my ears, like the world had just gone mute. I felt the bottom of my stomach drop, and I was staring at the ground. My face was moist, my mouth smelled like salt. I felt a wrinkled hand on my back. “It will be alright.”

“How? How will it be alright? Everyone I knew, everyone I cared about. Gone! In an instant. There is no alright about this!”

“You are still alive, you, your brother, your cousins. You are alive.” I knelt in the dirt for a while longer, enjoying the course feel of the earth. My brother. “So, where is my brother? Where is my house?”

“They were moved a good distance away. I'm still trying to piece together the nature of that light, but I can assume it had the capability to shift large quantities of mass.”

“And those men? With the guns?”

“Hollow. They are called Solarus. Souls slapped on armor, they are mere mindless grunts.”

“Ok, whose?”

“An Old being. Positively Ancient. He goes by the name Avarus. I suspect he is behind that light as well.” I hadn't noticed we had begun walking. The sun was already fairly high in the sky.

“Okay. So what? If he's that old he's gotta be ready to bite the dust by now.”

“If only, he is one of the last Immortal beings. Smarmy bastard got Youth out of the deal too. He still looks 30, and has only gotten stronger with each passing year.”

“And you know him... How?”

“Obviously, I've fought him. Not personally, he never seems to do much of anything in person nowadays, ever since his Solarus came around, he pretty much relies on them.”

“So it would pretty much be those Solarus here.”

“Right.”

“You wouldn't happen to have any guns?” He laughed at that.

“No but I have something a little better than that, I'll teach it to you as well. Free of charge.” I was skeptic, but as we continued on our path he picked a branch from the ground. “Now, watch closely.” He said, letting go of the stick. It just held there, next to his hand for a minute, then began floating a few feet in front of us. “Keep pace now, we're still going to be moving!” As I watched the end of the stick suddenly pointed itself, then with a quick half spin the branch flew away from us so fast I could barely follow it. We passed it a little while later, embedded in a tree.

“The hell is that?”

“That is a small taste of the gift I am going to be giving you. Trust me, by the time I'm done training you, bullets will pose no threat to you.” I followed him carefully, I had heard this bullet line before. I wasn't stupid and this was sounding like bull; but that branch was fairly convincing.


No comments:

Post a Comment