Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Amanda Bynes Reveals She’ll Play Lindsay Lohan in New Biopic: Has Been Method Training for the Past Year



LOS ANGELES- Amanda Bynes yesterday revealed in an interview with Vanity Fair that her antics of the past year have all been part of her method acting training to play Lindsay Lohan in a made-for-TV biopic.
The actress, who got her start on Nickelodeon shows such as All That and The Amanda Show in the late 90’s and early 2000’s, will be starring in Bars of Metal and Alcohol: A Lindsay Lohan Biopic later this year on the Lifetime television network. To prepare for what she calls a “career-changing role,” Bynes has done her best to essentially “become” Lohan over the past year.

The term “method” refers to when an actor prepares for a role by indulging oneself in that character’s exact lifestyle to correctly embody its attitudes and emotions. The task has been appropriately demanding for Bynes. “When I was first cast as Lindsay, I knew preparing would be no easy feat. That’s why I got started with the process right away.”

She started out small on March 7, 2012, getting a traffic ticket for using a cell phone while driving. But it soon became clear minor violations wouldn’t cut it. “I had to go bigger than that,” said Bynes. The next month, she got a DUI after side-swiping a police car at 3 A.M. Bynes added two hit-and-runs to her record, one later that month and another in August, in order to, “help myself feel more like a drunken buffoon”. Finally in September, her BMW was impounded after she was caught driving with a suspended license. Bynes made it clear that she felt bad for what she put the Los Angeles Police Department through, “but I really needed to nail down the ‘I’m above the law.’ aspect of Lindsay’s personality”.

“I would also like to apologize to the other parties involved in my hit-and-run charges, along with anyone else who may have been hurt by my behavior. I’m not a self-absorbed drunk, I’m just playing one in a movie,” she said.

                                                                                                  -By Mike Vandenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment