Thursday, October 20, 2011

Dimensional Warriors: Metudo's Story Chapter 3



Quick note on the new schedule. Since at the moment I have enough free time to sustain a larger amount of writing. I do reserve the right to change the scheduling if life decides it needs to kick me in the face.

Sunday: D&D chapter
Monday: Fan Fiction Chapter
Tuesday: Neko Chapter
Thursday: Metudo Chapter

I also got confirmation from Ted, he wants to stay on a twice a month schedule, so every other Wednesday we will have art from him. This will probably increase to weekly when semester ends in a couple months. Enjoy the new chapter!

“I can't, I just can't.”

“Of course you can't, because you keep on saying it.”

“Lookit, if man was supposed to matter with his mind we'd all be flying around like idiots by now!” It had been a rough day, we had barely taken a break for lunch, and he had been trying to get me to move a pebble out of his hand since he woke me up. Before dawn. He sighed.

“It's the curse of our breed that we have these problems. Our power comes from the right side of the human brain, the imagination and the inner voices. Which is a generalization, but it is fairly accurate for your species.”

“Wait, yer not human?”

“Pfft, of course not. Yours is just the latest in a long line of races that have been enlisted into this. My people's just happened to look very similar.”

“Then why I am arguing with you on what I can and can't do! Yer not even the same species!”

“But you can. Levitation isn't your natural forte, but you have several of the other prominent gifts. Particularly foresight.”

“Bullshit.”

“Ah, but the day of the blast you knew something was wrong, maybe not consciously, but your subconscious and your body knew.”

“That was one time”

“Oh really, let me get the list.” He pulled an archaic looking roll out of his sleeve and started unfurling it.

“You know the act isn't appreciated.”

“But this one is a favorite of mine.”

“Shove it, I believe you. So why aren't we training my foresight then, wouldn't that be easier?”

“Yes, well if I had a year to train you, I would teach you foresight and prediction first and let you grow out from there.”

“Meaning...”

“We have a little less than a week, so I'm going to have to pull you by the bootstraps. You get down the levitation thing, you can figure the rest out easily on your own.”

“A week? Old age catching up to you?”

“In a sense. Foresight remember?”

“Nice of you to share, any other premonitions of doom you would like to enlighten upon us? Or are you tapped out until I insert another quarter?”

“Just one, when you see the blue haired boy, duck.” With that he shifted to one side as a young man came barreling straight at me, his short blue hair sparkled in the sun like water. I would have seen more, but he collided head first into my stomach sending both of us tumbling to the ground. Probably a good thing to as a dark shadow passed right over us.

“Okay, so less than a week.” Master said, sliding out from behind the tree he used for cover. He brandished his cane like it was a sword and stepped in front of us. The shadow coagulated in between two trees, an eye bulged out of the center and stared lustfully at us.

“What the hell is that thing?” I yelled, pushing the boy off me and getting up.

“Metudo?” I looked back at the boy, he was staring at me like I was a ghost. “Thank god you're alive!” He grabbed onto me, his grip was surprisingly strong. I looked a bit closer at him, the shape of his face, the unnatural thinness of his body. He looked a little different, aside from the hair, that was very different; but he was my brother.

“Anatos, what happened? Your hair? You were running?”

“We can talk about this later!” Master yelled at us. Already the shadow ahead of us was bulging grotesquely.

“What is it?” I asked, pushing against the tree. Master paced slowly, to keep himself between us and it.

“It's called a Beast. Its what happens when more than one soul gets strapped to a Solarus. It goes mad, eats anything it can find. They're mindless, but strong. I'd hoped I'd have more time; but well, foresight was never my specialty.” The Beast exploded in a mass of tentacles, Master cut several but two grazed his sides.

“I... I have to help.” Anatos said suddenly.

“Wait, you can't be...”

“I'll explain everything soon enough.” As he spoke he drew a half bo staff from a small sheath on his back.


1 comment:

  1. I actually got to sit down and take my time with this one, since I started it several days beforehand. Made the whole thing feel more natural, unlike a few of my earlier pieces where I procrastinated until 11:00 the night before. At which point the monkeys in my head beat me with sharp sticks until I got them done. Now to get to work on next week, I'm getting tired of explaining the bruises.

    ReplyDelete