Monday, May 20, 2013

Weekly Report 5/13 - 5/19

So to basically prove that I haven't stopped working, I'll be providing updates to what I'm doing here. Ted and the others are all doing their thing well enough, and the proof of that is the mostly on time weekly updates. It's really just me that's stopped. And that's 'cause I'm doubling down and working on DW to make it better than ever.

What that means is a lot of planning at this point. I've written and re-written the piece a billion times by now, and I know generally the type of story I want to write. I just need to sit down and work with each character, flesh out their backstories, work on names, make them more relatable. Which is what I have been doing, I've gotten a pretty fleshed out backstory for all of my characters, and tied them all together, and now I'm working on names.

Now with names, it's a little awkward. Many names were chosen by the people the characters were based on, and for the most part they work perfectly. But they aren't names these characters would be born into. So they have their birth names, and then the names they inherit once they get their gifts. (I also dropped Antigon Haiden as it was just clumsy to say. Plus I could never decide what part should be the surname, and therefore a part of Leukos/Metudo/Anatos' names. So their family name is now Reinhard.)

Most of the naming process is finding names with meaning, and making sure those meanings stack up with what I want that character to represent.

Also, while I'm doing this to let people know I haven't vanished from the face of the world, this will also serve as a place for me to collect my most recent thought and see if new patterns appear. That said, I'm going to not broadcast these over facebook, twitter and google, since they are mostly me rambling for a page or so and very few people would be interested in that.

1 comment:

  1. our snorkel, we had a nice boat ride back. We went into town that evening and ate at Elvi's Kitchen. Belize is not known for it's fine cuisine, but we had a great meal of stewed chicken and battered coconut/ginger shrimp at Elvi's. Definitely the best meal with had while on AC.
    Cressi scuba diving equipment dive computer diving instruments regulator BC mask fins snorkel snorkeling water

    ReplyDelete