Sunday, October 2, 2011

Dungeons and Dragons

For those un-initiated Dungeons and Dragons is many things, a game, a Roleplay, and a social hangout. I however use it primarily as a storytelling tool.

Now for the blasphemy. I do not use a pre-printed rule book. I have seen the regular D&D guides, they are overpriced and thick. Instead I have cobbled together a working system by combining rules I have found in the myriad of other games I have seen and/or played. Thus my campaign is always changing around. I will be posting Sunday on the happening within the group that I play with. But to start off I will be putting down some of the back stored information I have made over time; as well as keeping an up-to-date rule book posted, both for people to look at and for my players to have a solid copy.

1st: The setting.
Make a character from any universe of your choosing, (Can be a self-made world, but it has to have enough material to sustain itself.) The character must be sentient, with a language. (No pure animals, like dogs. Intelligent animals and shape-shifters are fine.) Cannot be a cannon character. (You may make a Jedi from Star Wars, but you cannot play as Luke Skywalker for example.)

Your character wakes up in the middle of a forest, and large men in black plated armor with machine guns are shooting at you. (The premise)

When I started, only two other people in my group had even seen a D&D game before. But they caught on pretty quick as to what to do. The starting group consisted of:
-A mamoto from Zatch Bell and his Book User. (Played as a pet class)
-A Dragon Rider from Eragon. (Another pet class)
-A self-made character (She had written a full novella on the character, so it was more than acceptable)
-An Elf from AD&D (Advanced Dungeons and Dragons)
-An Elf from Lord of the Rings
-A survivor from Left 4 Dead
-A book owner from El Goonish Shive
and an Ensign from Star Trek (Who has since been promoted to Lieutenant to prevent me from killing him.)

Most of the players have taken on extra characters since then, some cannon, some created.

And before someone says something, yes most of this stuff is copyright infringement, thus I am labeling this under a separate section and considering it somewhere between parody and fan-fiction (Full blown Fan-Fiction may follow, dunno.) On top of that, I'm not selling this for anything, so no one needs to get sued. Besides, you could and you'd get 50 cents. That's all I got. :D

The aforementioned rules will be given their own page, as will the Character Sheets.

Now, I have a lot of catching up to do so next week I will be posting some of what happened in the past D&D games.

No comments:

Post a Comment