Monday, October 24, 2011

Fan Fiction Introduction

Before I make this a full weekly I need to lay down a little history and a few facts.

Firstly, this is fan fiction; the only characters I own are the ones created by me (Pahhur, Neko, Metudo, etc.) which will have a presence in this story.

Secondly, this is primarily for my own amusement, I'll get more into that later.

Third, the events in this are a modified version of the events in the main story-line. I mainly tweak some numbers, and change some fights around, which brings me to four...

..more fights

Five, there is going to be an enormous cast of characters in this story, all totaled with the original characters there are roughly 90 characters that I will be following. This can get confusing for those not familiar with a few of the series that I will be using.

Six, the series I will be using are:
Dragon Ball Z (Post Buu Saga, no GT, though SSJ4 will appear later)
Ranma 1/2 (manga)
Yu Yu Hakusho
Inu-Yasha
Naruto (Currently guessing that Naruto wins against who/whatever was the final fight, rebuilding village, not Hokage, but Sasuke has atoned and come back.)
Bleach (Assuming Aisen is dead, since I'm assuming he'll get out of prison)
One Piece (Going to play this one by ear, since it is still very much in the air.)
Sonic (Comics)

I think that covers the main points, now a little history. The original idea for Dimensional Warriors as a whole came from my brother and I playing with toys when we were younger. We would fuse up several series, or pretend a character from one series was interacting with events from another. Typical childhood stuff. Well we compressed this joyful playing more and more as we attached to more series. What started with Sonic, Dragon Ball Z and Ronin Warriors soon became a mass of 20+ series stretching out to movies like the Matrix and books like Harry Potter.

As we grew up, I realized that cross-overs of this magnitude were absurd, and more importantly confusing. So while we didn't play with figurines and imagine these stories anymore, I decided I liked some of the ideas I had developed; most importantly the character that would become Pahhur. Over the last eight years or so I cut fat, and slimmed the story down. Eventually boiling it all down to eight outside series and a cast of characters of my own creation. Somewhere in there I used a fan fiction forum called Mediaminer to run a roleplay. Only a handful of the characters designed in that roleplay survived to today's rendition. Namely Odin, Raven, Vyrse, Syndil and Seth. Along the way I realized if the actual story was going to flourish I had to drop the outside characters, if for no other reason than copyright.

After a lot of work, figuring out my villain's tools, the rules surrounding the main characters, and the path of the story I eventually decided to test out the fan fiction version in a D&D campaign. Since I had come into a large group of friends, and wanted to see what interest there was in a very open campaign. I've enjoyed a lot of success so far, and though everyone in the group is still learning we have been having a lot of fun. (My players haven't played D&D before, and I have only had about a month's experience all said with a couple versions of the game.)

With all that said, it came time to expose my efforts to the public, and thus I started this blog. Though now I am looking at a better hosting website if I can find one that is free. Otherwise I need to wait until I start getting money from somewhere.

Ending with me doing this fan fiction version in memorial for all that helped me get to this point. Also in the name of good fun. Next week will begin the actual chapters, I still have some ironing out to do. Enjoy tomorrow's chapter and any comments, complaints, input, contributions (whether monetary or artistically); would be welcome. I have several ways for you to contact me in the Contact Us page, Yahoo and Facebook are the ones I check daily; you can also follow what I'm working on with Twitter! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment