Monday, October 8, 2012

Something New; the Week's Report.

For those of you who pay attention to the little blurbs I attach to all my blog posts it'll come as no surprise that I'm having some difficulties with my story Dimensional Warriors. The difficulty comes primarily from the fact that I've been editing the earlier chapters, and as any writer worth his ink stains and crippling arthritis will tell you; when you edit the early stuff the later stuff tends to change.

So I've got a really weird dichotomy going on with the "current" stuff becoming more invalid by the second. For instance, and part of what is making this particular point hard, I want Asuka on the ship with Metudo. I like their character dynamic and with this part of the story supposedly taking a long amount of time I need more characters to work with.

On the even further scale I've added several characters that I plan to have major payoffs not too far in the future of The Return. If I just arbitrarily add those anyone that has been following what I've been doing will be suddenly very very lost.

So what do I do?

Well I thought about it, and one of the things that keeps me writing is that I have to keep this blog updated. It doesn't account for all of my drive, but it certainly helps me get things done in a timely manner. So I have to be doing something week to week; but what?

This is why I'm going to start doing a sort of "report" where I'll post about my activities at first just on Dimensional Warriors, but if I get a good response I'll add other series and maybe even manage to convince Ted and Javi to get involved.

Now this is how I'm thinking of running this. I am going to talk a little bit about things like themes, ideas, and situations. Anything that isn't a major spoiler. So you can expect to hear blurbs about new characters, situations, things that I've changed. Furthermore there are a number of details that I either haven't decided yet or don't know at all. Questions ranging from should I go with Herm or Haidan, to what should Zephos' birthday be? And I would be grateful to anyone willing to pitch in their two cents.

So to sum up, I'm inviting the strange people living out there in the internet to join me in the editorial process. I think it could be a lot of fun, and might create an interesting new experience. The next post that will be on top of this one and make this one invisible to the public will be the first report which will basically sum up everything I've done for the past month or so. So it's gonna be huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment