Monday, October 29, 2012

Weekly Report 10/22-10/28

Dimensional Warriors:

Another week has passed and I've slowed down a bit on this front. Mostly due to a couple of detail hitches in the plot, like what kind of problems should I put in the way? How much should I focus on the Solarus? How many humans can I afford to put in? I've got tons of cool ideas, but I need to balance cool fighting with things like strife, famine, long standing wounds. But on the other hand, where The Gathering is all about survival in bad conditions, Battle Beneath the Tower is more of a warzone sort of condition. So the primary conflict is going to be several clashes between the remaining humans and the Solarus. I keep wondering if I have the remaining people banding together too easily, I mean it's easy enough to explain away since Metudo has already proven he can manipulate people's minds; but then am I removing a potentially lucrative conflict?

Anyway, I have written up several fights, and the one that I'm stumbling over is a great undersea fight. I haven't decided if I want to put a city with survivors down there, or maybe even merfolk, or if I just want Solarus. Been playing around with it, and nothing seems to be clicking. Maybe it'd be better to scrap it and move on. Or maybe I just need to find a bigger reason for the characters to go there.

Anyway, I've got an excerpt from Battle Beneath the Tower for you guys today; namely the inciting action. Yes one of the Solarus has been named, it occurs in an as-of-yet unreleased portion of the last chapter; it's part of the climax I so casually omitted. Let me know what you think.

Open Office (.odt)
Microsoft Word (.doc)
Rich Text (.rtf)
Text (.txt)

Dimensional Warriors Comic:
On a side note, I can confirm that pages up to 41 are complete and ready to be posted, and I just need to take the time to do so.

Dimensional Warriors Fan Fiction:
As some may have noticed I finally got around to cutting the first set of chapters and edited the first chapter. Unfortunately between school, a close electoral race, and my own dangerous lack of sleep I'm beginning to slow down. So the chapter was very short this time. Hopefully it won't be next time.

S.T.U.F.F. Reviews:
If the writing stuff that I can do on the train has slowed to a crawl you can imagine the progress I've made on the footage. In a word non-existent. It'll get done, but not until after I get my soul back. Or at least a full eight hours of sleep.

From the Desk of #3:
The Political Blog has taken off finally, and I now know how I can get some consistent material for it. By commenting on things that I find in the news. And this isn't small time commentary  I have been known to outright bash and make fun of some of the really stupid shit that flows through the world. I'll continue doing stand-alones, but the big problem I'm having is my current project revolves around discovering what it means to be Republican. Or at least why there are still people voting Republican  It isn't an easy question to answer and I don't want to write these people off as stupid. In fact when I say Republicans are stupid (and I will say it often) I'm usually talking about just the ones in politics. (I'll continue to make sure that distinction is known, to prevent future problems.) Though even that isn't true, and is in fact more just in jest. I fully acknowledge the extreme mental capabilities that many Republicans do have, I just really do not like the way they choose to uses these capabilities. Anytime you take gifts your God gave to you and use them to hurt others; well I call that being a horrible and despicable human being, but when I want to keep the mood light I call that being stupid.

One final note, I haven't really got clearance to talk about Professor Astonishing progress as of yet, but I can assure you the next page is done and ready to go for this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment