Friday, May 18, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: The Return Chapter 2

Next

We gather here today to honor those that have been lost to us.” It had been two days since we arrived, we knew Raven and Vyrse hadn't made it, but we could only assume what happened to Marcus. I sat, looking over the graveyard as it extended on into the horizon. Donare finally ended by placing a blessing over the newest three empty graves. Pah and Thorium began filling the small holes and the group began to leave. Syndil just stood and watched, her face hidden behind a mask of crinkled skin and greasy fluid. Seth touched my arm lightly.

I know... I can never replace what I took. But I am willing to do whatever it take to stop him. I can't let him do this to someone else.” I nodded, letting him slip away as I sat down.

Finally, the graves filled, Pah sat next to me; her face white despite the dirt.

Are you alright?” She asked.

It's my fault. I should never have let them come along.”

Maybe.”

What?”

Well, they wanted to right? They knew what was at stake, probably better than we did.”

Still, We knew Avarus wanted us alive. Even in the worst case, we would survive. To him, normal people like those three, were expendable. They shouldn't have come.”

And if they hadn't, what then? We'd have been stopped at the door. If Avarus hadn't had to divert resources to stop them, he might have been able to hold us. You know what he would have done after he took our powers.”

So you're just going to write them off as necessary sacrifices? For the greater good?” Pah looked out over the field.

How many do you think there are out there?” She said.

Too many.”

Do you think they didn't sacrifice? That they didn't do this because they wanted to?”

No, but they shouldn't have to.”

I agree, they shouldn't. But Avarus hasn't given us much of a choice.”

I don't want to involve innocent people.”

Well, bring that up with him next time he's decimating the population of a planet. I'm sure you can reach an agreement.”

He's after us, why does he have to bring other people into this?” Pah just sighed.

I was talking to Tech. Our powers, and how much we can use, is tied directly to our element. The more our element exists in nature, the more powerful we are. For most of us, this is an easy task, our elements exist in abundance. For people like Avarus though, he has to work at it. He has to press his will onto people to continue to grow stronger. This fight involves them as much as it does us.”

So how does that explain the genocides?”

Well, technically we were already beaten, and in hiding at that point. The way Tech put it, Avarus was just taking the quickest route to find us. Now that the other Gods are reunited, he will probably start using other tactics.”

So its our fault again.”

We didn't ask for this Neko. No one did. But we've got to deal with the hand we're given.” Pah stood up and left.

Next

No comments:

Post a Comment