Monday, May 14, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Into the Maw End


The pit was consumed in light and heat, the table splintered into pieces, the shadow vanished, and we were all flung clear out of the hole. I shook off the last strands of rope as it vanished into the air and dashed back to the pit, now lit like a bonfire. Inside I saw Pah pushing towards the dark skin-like floor of the pit. Below her, it began to move, opening into an enormous eye, the fire became tinted black; as I watched I felt a hand on my shoulder.

Behind me was an elderly looking man, unbearably thin and wearing rags.

“Come, we're going to make a way out of here. Tech!” He half turned to his companions, Tech and Syndil. I heard footsteps heading towards us. A man, his face was just like Vyrse's. He seemed to be fleeing.

“I don't know what you guys did, but you freed me! Thank you!” He fell to his knees in front of us.

“What is going on?” I yelled, trying to get someone's attention.

“There isn't much time now Neko. I have no clue how long Pah can distract Avarus. Thankfully Donare has a way out for us.” Tech was working furiously as he talked. “Get the others up, wake up who you can. We need to get out of this place.” The ground shook suddenly, a noiseless voice filled the cave; as if cursing the very fabric of existence. The fire behind us became a dark black, and Pah was shot out of the hole. She tumbled to a halt, holding another girl with her. With only a moment's hesitation, she set the girl down and ran back towards the hole, blades drawn.

I jumped and tackled her down.

“Neko! Let me go!” I glanced behind me and saw a portal opened, sunlight was pouring in.

“Sorry, we're going. I'm not leaving you here alone!” I lifted her struggling form into the air and dragged her through the open portal, into the sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment