Saturday, May 5, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Into the Maw Chapter 26


Seth
I will always carry the memory of that day with me. The guilt. And the Relief.

I strode out proudly onto the icy field of the Master's final floor. Our forces were already responding to the sudden systems failure on the higher floors. My blood beat in my head. I had been released to preform my duty. The thought of that man, my shadow, made my muscles tense with anticipation. I hoped this would be easy.

I moved slowly, to avoid catching attention, weaving through the frozen stalagmites. I gripped my gun hilt slowly, I heard steps nearby. The gunman Vyrse had been transported to the ninth floor for processing when the failure occurred. Master couldn't allow him to walk away unhindered.

I caught sight of him. I leveled my aim, but had to respond immediately to a shot fired at me.

Come out of hiding.” He said, turning towards me. I couldn't help but smile, I could almost taste his blood in my mouth as I stepped out of my cover. He watched me carefully; his gun aimed steadily at my heart. “Well that was easy.” He fired twice, I used the metal of my hilt to stop the bullets and responded with my own shots. He was already out of sight.

Afraid?” I said as I walked into the clear. I knew he was tracing me, just following me, waiting for the right shot. I needed to give him what he wanted. Then I heard the click of his trigger, and responded accordingly. My speed, enhanced through Master's power, placed me almost right under him. Within seconds my barrel was pressed to his neck. He looked down at me, his eyes dancing in the light; daring me. I hesitated, torn between watching this man's death and fulfilling my lust. He began moving and in a flash I pulled the trigger, turning away as his fluids showered my body.

I felt a release, such as I have never felt before, and possibly will never feel again; as if at once my soul had fled my body and become whole. I collapsed to the ground, overwhelmed with emotion.


No comments:

Post a Comment