Thursday, May 17, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: The Return Chapter 1


Neko
My name is Seth... I killed my counterpart, Vyrse. I apologize.” We had regrouped on the other side of the portal, night had fallen and several of us were still asleep, but we still needed to make sure we were safe; the first step to that was making sure this man wasn't our enemy. “You have no idea what Mas... Avarus does to us. When he catches us, he instills a desire in our bodies; we have to kill.”

Then I guess there is no reason to keep you with us.” Syndil said.

Please! I have done my deed, the urge is gone as is Avarus' power over me. He is a... dangerous person to work with. The only reason I'm still alive is because all of you distracted him. Almost as soon as Vyrse was dead Avarus captured me and began draining my own energy for himself.” Syndil moved to attack, but I held her.

Is there any information you could give us, something to prove that you aren't under his control anymore?” I asked. He seemed to think.

I can tell you what I know. He creates shadows by removing people out of time-lines. That alone instills a natural upset, he then amplifies that into a killing desire. Once that control is in place, he forces the body to mature to its peak combat capabilities before setting it out as a weapon. I was a merchant in my time. I wouldn't hurt an insect, much less a human... I couldn't stop myself... I'm sorry...” I sat down, choosing not to watch the man break down.

Well that is something at least.” Tech said. “I'll look into the nature of these time-lines. I'll need a lab though.”

That leaves us with two other people we need to look over.” I said, turning towards the elderly man and a thin girl Pah had found. She was still unconscious, so I focused on the man.

Please, I trust them.” Pah said, sitting away from us.

I just have some questions.”

As you should.” The man spoke. “I am Donare, God of Selflessness. Pahhur freed me from Avarus' imprisonment.”

Why didn't he just steal your energy and kill you?”

All I have is a theory. Our two energies are naturally opposing forces, it's likely that he could not take my power without risking his own destruction.”

And the girl?”

She is the natural heir to the power of Immortality, which Avarus stole so long ago. Pahhur's assault seems to have restored that energy to her body, which would be why she has been unconscious.”

Okay, so where are we then?” The old man smiled.

We were on Avarus' home, a planet comprised of Selfish energies. Now we are on my home planet, probably a few hours away from my old base of operations, where our untied front fought Avarus for trillions of years.”

We should let them rest for now.” The girl had gotten up without my noticing. She was looking over Thorium. “I... I'm sorry. My name is Cassandra.” She bowed quietly and began placing her fingers along the wounds Thorium had sustained. As she did the cuts sealed up.

Immortal energies are the most basic of healing magic. They stimulate the genetic code, forcing the body to rapidly return to its normal state. It's particularly effective on the Gods, whose bodies are constantly trying to retain their form.” Donare said. “We will leave in the morning, which should be in a few hours. A day is only fifteen hours on this planet.”

Sure enough daylight came too soon, but at least everyone was able to stand on their own power. And roughly an hour later we reached an open field of grass, in the distance was an enormous cliff face. Set into that rock wall was a temple, overgrown with time. It stretched outwards, creating a courtyard with irrigation channels that still had some clear water trickling along the paths.

Inside we were met with a grand hall, a large stairway claimed one side of the room, with large doors on both floors. Further steps leading down were off to either side. The sun filtered in through a stained glass window that left a symbol glittering along the walls; consisting of twenty-three points in a circular pattern.

Now, let's get the tour out of the way. There is probably still some preserved food in the storage rooms which can be accessed through the cafeteria on this floor. As well this floor contains the meeting hall, lounge and public baths. The upper floor consists of the training rooms and armory. The basement contains the living quarters and library.” Donare said really quickly.

Well I heard food. So I know where I'm headed.” Pah said, running off.

I'll go get the power turned on then.” Donare said, and wandered off.

GAT
Previous

No comments:

Post a Comment