Friday, May 11, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Into the Maw Chapter 27


Neko
I flew for what felt like hours, even with the boiling fluid below giving me some lift, I was tiring by the time I found what I was looking for. A gaping hole in the floor, leading down into blackness. I circled, intent on finding the others when a force dragged me down; my body reasserted itself into human form as I plummeted into that darkness.

I hit the icy floor hard, not as hard as I expected to, but enough to leave bruises. I heard footsteps approaching and scrambled to get footing on the ice. A winged being approached me, it emitted an unearthly light as it went.

“Welcome. Please, take a seat. The Master will be with you shortly.” It spoke. However too many things down here tried to kill us, I wasn't about to let my guard down. “I understand your hostility. It must have been a long journey to make it past all of our defenses. In truth it has been a very long time since anyone arrived here uninvited. The last one left me with a very decent scar.”

“What does Avarus want with us?” I asked as I kept a safe distance.

“He wishes for reunion.”

“Bull.”

“Our defenses are simply to prevent the Master's untimely death while he is unable to defend himself.”

“I doubt that.”

“Every fifty years the Master must hibernate in order to preserve his youth. Here, I will take you to him.”

“What about my friends, up above?”

“They will be attended to. Trust me, the last thing the Master wishes is for your deaths.” I followed the creature to another pit, this one had a visible bottom, and looked more like a cave than a hole. “Careful, gravity is much stronger down here, while he is hibernating he replaces the planet's core.” I looked closer, there was almost a glistening black skin along the bottom of the pit. I felt a stabbing pain spread from my shoulder.

“I apologize. You cannot meet him as you are.” I turned, the creature's body had changed, it had a blood red coat of fur and steadied itself on cloven legs. “Your friends should be joining us soon.” As it spoke the ceiling caved in, and I could see the others falling along with the remains of some form of creature. I struggled to go catch them, but the glowing figure stopped me.

“The fall will not kill them.” I pushed this creature aside, but it grabbed my arm. “They are not fit to meet the Master yet.” I grabbed its arm back and spun it once before launching it out of my way. The others had already hit the ground however, I ran to the landing sight.



No comments:

Post a Comment