Monday, May 28, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: The Return Chapter 7


“Thorium! Wait!” I broke free of my bonds and tried to gain distance.

“I'll handle him, take the other one.” The captain yelled as he charged after me. I had already prepped my mace, and took a swing at him. He skillful dodged the blow and closed distance. I continued to back away as I warded off his attack. I saw an opportunity and grabbed his blade, reshaping it to my will. He backed away, looking at the misshapen sword.

“So you are Telkian.”

“What?”

“You use their magics!” He drew a new blade, and attacked. I tried to parry in the same way, but only got my hand cut. “I see you are not familiar with my Tectic Blade. Let me show you more!” He struck out again, and I moved out of the way. He took the upper-hand, and I quickly found myself outmatched. He landed several strong blows before I was backed up to the castle walls. Exhausted I placed leaned against the wall, trying to stem the blood flow; when I felt the wall respond to my energy. I quickly pressed against the wall and forced the stone to move, placing it between the captain and myself. He seemed as surprised as I was, dropping his guard long enough for me to floor him.

“Finish me.”

“We said we aren't spies.”

“What are you?”

“I can be an ally.” I got off him and helped him to his feet.

“How did you move the stone?”

“Probably the same way I move metals. Tell me more about the Telkians.”



No comments:

Post a Comment