Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Into the Maw Chapter 1

Previous

Neko
The dust settled slowly over the chasm that was once the city, small spurts of flame shot up on occasion as particularly flammable objects burnt up. Slowly near the center of the pit we could see a small chunk of rock, a lone pillar.

Pah!” Metudo suddenly yelled beside me. Looking closer I could see a human shape lying there.

I'll get to her.” Odin said, quickly shifting the earth into a bridge down. The few of us that were relatively unhurt followed after him.

She didn't move even as we turned her over, to see the mess of bruises that was her face.

Thirteen broke ribs, shattered bones in all limbs, and a broken jawbone. She's a mess.” I looked up to see Tech holding his arm over her. “But she should be okay.” He said, lifting her and unceremoniously throwing her into the lava below. I watched as she slowly floated along the surface while Tech walked past me. “Now this is interesting.” I turned to see what appeared to be some sort of window floating in midair.

What is that?” Metudo asked, also examining it now.

If I had to guess, I'd say a portal to another world. But there's some sort of barrier here; hang on I need to stabilize it before it closes.” He set about attaching little clamps along the sides of the window, before returning to his arm's computer. “Interesting.” He began muttering a little as we sat there waiting for him to say something more substantial. Finally after about a half an hour he turned to us.

If I'm right, this portal could take us off world.”

Why would we want to do that?” Jato asked.

Think about it.” Metudo said. “Those things answered to someone, that person is still out there, and they are after us.”

And?”

And we're putting the people here in danger by being here.” Jato started walking away, obviously not wanting to talk about this.

We don't have to make a decision yet.” Tech said. “It'll take me about a week to get the barrier down, and it'll take at least that long for her wounds to heal.” I let out a deep breath.

Alright folks, you heard him. I want two people on guard here in case something comes through there, and also to keep an eye on Pah. Odin can you make a long pole or something so we can flip her if she rolls over down there?” He nodded and went off to work on that. “The rest of us should go tend to the wounded.”

Previous

No comments:

Post a Comment