Thursday, November 17, 2011

Dimensional Warriors: Metudo's Story Chapter 7



“So. What's yer story?”

“Nothing too big, college, boyfriend, normal life. Then I wake up on a park bench with gun shots flying around me and this old guy grabs me. Next thing I know I'm scaly and breathing fire.”

“Odd. Well, I was about halfway through college, he was recovering from chemo.” Jato looked startled.

“Yeah, I seem much better now.” Anatos said, almost skipping ahead.

“I assume it's part of the same thing that turned you into a vision of terror.” I said.

“Well, where are we heading then?” Jato asked suddenly.

“North. I had a vision of a mountain. People are gathering there, and if we have any chance of surviving that is it.”

“He's got weird psychic stuff now.” Anatos said, in almost a whisper. “I think it's messing with his head.”

“Watch it Sweat-drop.” I snapped at him. It was good to see him happy again, but after over a day, it was starting to get on my nerves. “Which reminds me, do you have any idea why you suddenly passed out about a day ago?”

“Not really no. My mouth just got really dry all the sudden and it felt like I lost all the strength in my body.”

“Sounds like a hydration problem. The environment around here is unusually dry. Though judging from the plant-life it's only been that way for a couple days.” Jato said suddenly.

“That's a good point, might be you need to keep your body moist to keep moving like you were.” As we talked the plains turned to wood, and quickly became a thick jungle. “God this planet sucks now. I swear it's ninety percent tree.”

“And not a living creature in sight.” Anatos said.

“Tree's are living.” Jato pointed out.

“Moving creature.” Anatos retaliated.

“That one's moving.” I followed Jato's pointed hand. Indeed a few vines were actively crawling up a tree.

“I suddenly feel uncomfortable”

“Yeah, last I checked, we didn't have forests of death.” Anatos said, eying the trees. I felt another mind nearby suddenly.

“We're being followed.” Jato said, a little bit before I decided to. I felt no malice, in fact I barely felt anything more than mild curiosity. I scanned the dense trees, in the corners of my eyes I could perceive the branches shifting suddenly, almost like they were covering someone. I slowly edged my way closer to the last spot there had been movement; and jabbed the end of my cane into the brush. Almost as soon as I had my world spun around and I was dangling in the air by my leg.

“OW! Hey! That was my boob.” A girl crawled out of the brush massaging herself. Her clothing seemed to have once been green, now it was brown and tattered. Not that it was much different from the rest of us. Her hair, while fairly brown from being unkempt, had a green hue to it. She looked over us, and suddenly her face cleared. “Jato! Is that you?” After a moment he nodded.

“Lark! You survived! And can control plants... Creepy.”

“No, it's totally cool. I always knew the trees liked me, but now they can tell me themselves.”

“You know her?” I asked, blood starting to make my nose ooze.

“Yeah, she was part of my friend group in college. Though she was just working at the time.”

“Can you ask her to let us down?”

“Oh, sorry.” Lights danced in front of my eyes for a minute as I landed head first.

“Okay. Next time, a little gentler.”

“Sorry, still not quite used to this.”

“I wonder if the others are alright.” Jato said.

“You know, I was going around looking for them, when this one girl stopped me and did some sort of ritual. Kinda miss my blonde hair though.” She stared at Anatos and I. “These two chill?”

“Yeah, they helped me recover from an enraged dragon.”

“Sounds like you had a good time without me!” She pouted.

“Hey, Lark. How good's yer control over the plants?” I asked, motioning to the wall of trees in our way.


1 comment:

  1. This was a bit of a rush job this time. School is starting to beat by butt.

    Still the chapter came out pretty good, unfortunately I need to finish filling out the casts for the two groups.

    Anyway, I think I'm finally over that hellish cold. Now I'm neck deep in homework that is due before Thanksgiving. I'm so brain dead I'm spending most of my time just playing Borderlands... and sleeping...

    It's Thursday again, so I'll plug another comic that I've been enjoying reading. Head Trip (http://headtrip.keenspot.com/)

    This is mostly a joke strip, there are very few plot lines, and the ones that are there are only a few pages long. (Discounting the running superhero parody.) It has a lot of really good joke, and managed to keep me laughing through most of it.

    Stay tuned for more!

    ReplyDelete