Monday, November 21, 2011

Fan Fiction Chapter Series. Shadow Chapter 4


This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.

“Okay.” I told myself, watching a new piece of desert begin to disappear. “This is going to be stupid, but I'm not figuring anything out just standing here watching.” Working up the nerve, I moved onto the sand and waited for the lines to reach me. There was a flash of light, and I was standing unsurprisingly in a desert.

It proved a couple of theories. Somehow, something was moving entire pieces of the planet, like it was some sort of jigsaw puzzle. Anything caught in the movement, moved too. As I looked around I noticed the sand was not a uniform color. There were multiple shades, from the typical golden brown, to a reddish hue. There was even an eery white sand, of which I had never seen on Earth. This brought a new conclusion to mind, there was more than one planet being used. Which would explain the size. Normally I could circumvent the planet in a few hours going at top speed. It had been almost a day, and I felt I hadn't seen a fraction of the whole.

I was about to move on, when I felt something familiar. A few short moments away, I found a red gem shining out of the sand. One of the Chaos Emeralds. I picked up the stone, feeling it's power flow into me. With just one Chaos Emerald I could unlock a large part of my own powers. Most importantly the Chaos Control, something that would allow me to warp across large distances. I thought for a moment, then activated the Emerald's power.

Mountain, Ocean, Plains, Desert, Forest. My body flickered through each of these terrains as I semi-warped myself around the planet. One fact remained constant. Each terrain type seemed to be gathered, almost sorted, into a particular place. The only inconsistency occurred in civilization. Entire ruined structures lay almost at random across the globe. Then by chance I flickered on top of a structure. I stopped.

The machinery below me was active. This was alive, but with what? I edged my way to one side, spying those Armored creatures gathered below me. Almost as soon as I did, they began scrambling. Some rushing towards the forest's edge, others trying to take aim at me. I couldn't help but grin.

Before they had even steadied their guns, I was on the ground behind them. I had felt my spines run right through four layers, they were done.

“Chidori!” I heard someone call out from the forests. Several armored creatures flew out in pieces as a young man followed slowly behind them. He wore a deep blue overcoat with a high collar, his short black hair seemed to have the habit of sticking straight up, but most striking was his eyes. Blood red, with three black dots inside. He caught my eye, and considered me for a moment.

“I assume you are not with these things?” I shook my head. “Good, then stay out of my way.” He shifted rapidly to where he was behind me. I almost didn't see the movement. After a moment I decided to follow him.

Just inside the building was a walkway leading down, on the lower floor I could make out creatures, different than the armored ones. These things were obviously made of flesh, but most of them had very inhuman shapes. Many of them seemed grotesque or bloated. The man next to me didn't hesitate. He drew out a blade and dashed down. The creatures moved to attack, but he cut into the mass. I decided to dash down as well, cutting my own path through the creatures.

Within a matter of seconds the monstrosities were either dead or fleeing. I quickly took in the monitors lining the room, and spotted a large switch on a panel in the center. The console lit up, and quickly generated a large holographic image displaying an orb. The planet.


1 comment:

  1. And here we go. Yes I have every intention of having Shadow meet the other anti-heroes along his way. But he is also going to be the one discovering a lot of important information on the enemy and what they are doing.

    Other than that I've been working real hard on school work. I plan on doing a little bit of cleaning up with some of the pages of the blog (repairing and adding links) this upcoming thanksgiving break. Until then bear with me, I've got a lot of school work on my plate.

    ReplyDelete