Monday, November 7, 2011

Fan Fiction Chapter Series. Shadow Chapter 2


New Shadow Chapter! Enjoy!


This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.

The Floating Island. The home of Knuckles and the Master Emerald. I wouldn't recognize it but for the half a shrine that hung literally over my head. Somehow the island had been cut into pieces, leaving the part with the Master Emerald still aloft. But what could do this? When the island fell, it obviously didn't preform its usual graceful fall, landing with the inhabited side still facing the sky, it seemed to have tumbled. Ending with most of it probably buried underground now.

Obviously the bomb was not made to destroy, but perhaps instead relocate. Possibly something similar to my own Chaos Control teleport technique. I set the still unconscious girl down where I could see her and made a quick survey of the wreckage.

Right where the shrine was cut, there was an odd purple line. Beneath it, the earth looked like it had been cut clean. In fact it was almost perfectly smooth. Now the big question in my mind was who could have done this? No one came to mind out of the many villains that had threatened our world before. Not even Eggman has the level of power required to teleport an entire planet. Then I heard something.

I moved rapidly to conceal myself and watch the sleeping girl. A man emerged from the woods. He looked unlike the humans of Station Square. He was regal, his skin was as pale as fresh snow; almost to emphasize that he wore a white robe, and a flowing poofy white band over his shoulder. What struck me strongest was when he moved to the girl and seemed to reach out to her. His yellow eyes took on a strange expression his clawed hand moved gracefully. My first instinct was this person was bad news.

“If you value your life, stop right there!” I called out, moving from my hiding place. He seemed unsurprised as he looked at me. Then he returned to what he was doing. I kicked into high speed as well as my spin dash, if he hadn't moved his arm as quickly as he did, he would be missing it.

Now in between the two, I stood my ground.

“Don't get in my way.” He said, quietly, but with a force of emotion behind those words; like venom waiting to come out. He pulled his band back and rested his hand on the hilt of a sword. I didn't feel comfortable fighting while having the girl directly behind me, so I moved in, hoping to stop him before he drew his weapon.

Fortunately for me, the blade was stopped on the rings I wear around my wrists. However, the force and speed with which he struck nearly knocked me off my feet. I dug in and held my ground; electricity seemed to spark off the blade, but now I knew this was a powerful opponent and I was not about to get cut.

After a few seconds of struggling in deadlock we broke apart, immediately I began moving. I took advantage of my superior speed, moving rapidly out of the way of his cautious attacks. He was toying with me. I couldn't help but grin. Once again I shifted gears and almost instantaneously got behind him and threw a punch. The space between my fingers flared with pain as his blade blocked my strike. However in that instant I spun in and landed a kick right across his smug face.

Once again we put some distance between us. I looked at my hand, it felt like the cut was still opening; like electricity was trying to pour into the rest of my body. Fortunately I was hardy, and my skin was tough. There was a little bit of blood, but the blow hadn't been deep enough. I looked over at him, he was smiling. He now had his blade in an openly aggressive stance. Even though he was now closer to the girl, he showed no intention of abandoning this fight.

“Sesshoumaru-sama...” A delicate, frail voice on the winds. The girl was stirring. Immediately the man I had been fighting was by her side; his weapon sheathed. I moved cautiously now, watching him closely.

The girls eyes fluttered open, and she simply smiled up at the man over her.

“Sesshoumaru!” She yelled out, pulling herself close to him. He held her there for a moment before picking her up and returning her to her feet.

“I'm sorry.” I said, realizing now that I had made a mistake. “I was just trying to keep her safe.” Then I felt arms wrap around me. The girl had come over to hug me. I just froze.

“Thank you.” She said softly, then bounced over to Sesshoumaru; who had an unreadable look on his face.

“Thank you for keeping her safe. To show my respect I won't kill you.” That pompous. I was shaken from my stupor by those arrogant words.

“I'd like to see if you could.” I almost wanted him to pick up the fight again now; but he seemed disinterested.

“If I were you, I'd find somewhere to hide. Come Rin.” He said, before turning and heading back into the forests. I decided it wasn't worth following them and moved on in search of my own clues.


2 comments:

  1. A lot happening in this chapter. Firstly, Angel Island makes its quick and broken cameo. Rin! She woke up earlier than I was planning on. I had to find a way to stop the fight. I mean I'm glad it went as long as it did, but right now if those two went for the kill, I'd give the fight to Sesshoumaru. Considering he's got that ridiculously overpowered sword, and Shadow is currently lacking any Chaos Emeralds with which to use his super techniques. I mean I think I can just barely get away with the fact that Shadow isn't a demon, and is unnaturally infused with Chaos energy and that is why that little cut didn't just kill him outright.

    Sad thing is I wanted to have Sesshoumaru and Rin travel with Shadow for a while, and was going to use Rin as leverage to do so. Unfortunately Sesshoumaru is just to BAMF to allow that. Apparently anthropomorphized hedgehogs cramp his style.

    Enough with the geeking out. I've been so lazy the last few days. I mean I did get a lot of housework done that had piled up during the blackout, but still I haven't like read or played anything new. What is wrong with me. Hell I'm still just on the cusp of finishing Paper Mario. (A 100% finish) I should just get it done but, bah. Yeah no, I got nothin'. Enjoy the new week, and look forward to Neko's chapter! New characters Whee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaand I forgot the one thing I wanted to talk about. I'm an idiot. I've been working on getting the blog not only readable, but that right mixture of cool to look at and easy on the eyes. Suggestions are welcome; I'll probably be making changes on Saturday or Sunday if someone suggests something that works.

    ReplyDelete