Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Dimensional Warriors: Neko's Story Chapter 4

First
Previous
Next

New Neko Chapter, enjoy!


Time moved slowly, Pahhur continued to act distant. It almost felt like she was pouting. We spent an afternoon in uncomfortable silence. The forest thinned, an a city stretched out before us.

“There's supposedly two people here.” I said quietly.

“Yeah.” Pahhur remarked quickly. Irritated I continued.

“We should probably camp here tonight, they've been killing the Armors as they approach, we need to be visible as people.”

“Right.”

“Lookit, what is up? You've been quiet all day.”

“Dunno.” I stood up, trying to stare down the girl that could probably kill me with no effort.

“You were so talkative yesterday, and today nothing. Something is wrong; now tell me and maybe I can help.”

“I'm just hurting is all!” She nearly yelled back.

“What?”

“It started this morning, like some sort of rock in my gut. It's just gotten worse all day.” Sounded like her period, but how would a girl of her age not know that; unless.

“You haven't been bleeding yet?”

“No. Yet?”

“Okay. This is going to be bad. Where's your pads?” I started hunting through the bags that were packed.

“Pads?”

“Tampons then.”

“Why would I pack stuff like that?” I put the bag down deftly.

“What did you do during your last period?” She stared at me like a drowning fish.

“Uh... Well... Ummm...”

“When you went through this change... When you became this, it wasn't just all these little painful things was it? You've been hiding something from me. What happened.” Pahhur looked at me, looked at the ground, and then finally at the bag before muttering something. “What was that?”

“I used to be a guy dammit!” Her face was beet red. “Now I've got an inhuman body, and I don't even know the basic functions. I'm sorry Neko. I probably should've been honest with you. Pahhur is the name I was given by the old guy who turned me into this. I figured it worked better for my new body, and I didn't really want people finding out. It's embarrassing. I'm Herm; I recognized you immediately. I'm sorry I didn't say anything.” I let her finish her confession and slapped her.

“Here I am, worried sick about everyone, my whole world might be dead, and here you are; alive. You could've said something, but you were too full of yourself to put my mind at some kind of ease. God Dammit! You haven't changed. You never think about other people do you?” She just held her eyes to a spot on the ground. “Don't just ignore me. We are in serious trouble here, there are things out there trying to kill us. You need to grow up, fast.” She slumped over, seeming lost in her own little world. It definitely was Herm.

“I'm sorry.” I sighed.

“Look, this isn't over. But right now we need to focus. I can't have you getting all emo on me, so I'm sorry. We'll drop it for now. But if you ever do this again, I don't know what I'm going to do.” I felt myself calming down. “So, we've got a problem, you obviously started your period, and have absolutely nothing to help yourself with it. To top it off you're not bleeding.”

“Yeah.”

“I can guess that you're not bleeding because it's cauterizing. Now what that means I have no clue. But I can guess it's just beginning to hurt.”

“What.” Now she was scared.

“Well normal girls sort of bleed out over time; so that it doesn't build up. But, you. Well it's going to get interesting.”

“Great, so not only did I change genders, but I'm a freak even among my new gender.”

“The best we can do is try and get some sleep tonight and hope there's some pads left in the town tomorrow.” I said, grabbing a piece of bread for dinner. “Eat some meat, you're going to need the protein.” I said passing her some jerky. “We'll have to go into town at high noon; so that we aren't confused with some of those Armor things.” Pahhur just nodded slowly and munched the jerky. I sighed again and got my tent ready. It was going to be a long day tomorrow.

First
Previous
Next 

1 comment:

  1. Well the reveal ended up happening sooner that I thought it would, odd how sometimes characters just do their own things.

    Going on 4 days without power. Madness is setting in. I've decided I'm going to take over the world. I just need some pliers.

    ReplyDelete