Monday, November 14, 2011

Fan Fiction Chapter Series. Shadow Chapter 3



This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.

My instincts told me to head towards what I assumed to be north. As fast as I live, I cannot distrust my instincts. As I sped along I came across a terrain change that had me stop in my tracks. I moved from the very perfectly healthy forest into a desolate desert.

I turned and reexamined the space. A thin purple line, again. I dug my hands into the sand on one side, reaching for the other. I quickly hit soil. I dug a bit on both sides, I tried to dig out the line, no matter what I did the line shifted with the outermost lair. If I poured sand on top the line shifted to the top part as rapidly as I placed it. It was like an ugly wound, that no matter what a person does will still show.

I looked around, and realized the impossibility of the terrain. The desert, was no more than five meters around. I could see the forest in all directions. Like the two were trying to overlap each other, and the forest won.

Deciding I would need tools to analyze this further I began leaving. No sooner had I moved back into the forest, than I felt the ground quake. The lines behind me shone brighter, and the forested area shifted inwards, consuming the desert until not even the lines were left. I shook my head, there was nothing I could do now, I needed equipment before I could figure out what had happened.

I once again returned to my path, weaving between the trees; I wondered how there were so many. Considering the planet's state before the explosion. Yes we had been gradually regrowing, but much of the planet's surface was still covered in waste.

I paused my pondering for a moment as I passed someone. He was watching me carefully from halfway up a tree. He was a short man, with black hair spiked up to the sky and a white bandanna around his forehead. He wore a black cloak, under which I could just make out the hilt of a sword.

“It's not safe around here!” I called up to him. He smirked.

“That is not my concern.” He seemed to loose interest in me, and be looking elsewhere. After a moment he seemed to reconsider. “Have you seen a young girl, she has light blue, almost white hair and usually wears a white robe?” He seemed a mixture of annoyed and angry.

“No, I did find a few people back that way. One of them was incredibly strong. But I will keep an eye out.” He smirked back at me, then vanished. Come to think of it, we never had this many strong, or strange people on our planet either. Aside from Eggman. I continued musing as I moved further on.


1 comment:

  1. A short chapter. Much like Metudo, Shadow "progresses" through events a little faster. This can also translate out to mean these guys have less to do over all. Not much less, but enough that their counterparts are probably going to be a few "days" behind.

    In other news, yes I had a brief Shadow vs. Sesshoumaru. No unless I can come up with a good reason there won't be a lot more of that sort of thing. That kind of tension is for later, when the apocalypse isn't breathing down peoples necks.

    In other news, this cold is really irritating me. Why it won't just pick up and go so I can get back to playing Rock Band is beyond me. My singing voice is terrible when I have no nasal passages to work with. I also wish the drum set I had gotten from my grandmother had been the right one... Oh well.

    Speaking of Happy Birthday me! 23 years old, and my mental facilities haven't improved much since 10 years ago. At least my brain can stay young, and pretend the body is following suit.

    Of course it has been my birthday for all of 10 minutes, or maybe not even my birthday yet. I can't recall the exact hour I was born. I'm sure if my mother reads these, she will not hesitate to fill in the blanks.

    Speaking of; Mom. If you do read this, you'll have to be up damn early this year to do your annual reminiscing. Don't think I forgot. I got school tomorrow.

    Ha.

    ReplyDelete