Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Dimensional Warriors: Neko's Story Chapter 8


“Who goes there!” A voice boomed from the golden city; shaking me from my stupor. A heavy built man was sitting at the top of one of the buildings. I could just barely make out an elaborate throne behind him; also golden. It was hard to make out much else against the setting sun.

“Hey, we're going around getting people to safety!” Pahhur yelled back.

“Bah, I'm perfectly safe here. If you are referring to the armored creatures, their bullets don't harm me.” The voice sounded familiar. I began moving to see better. Thick jaw, silver eyes, short silver hair; but the structure of the face was familiar.

“Steel? Matthew Steel?”

“It's Thorium now. And who...” He raised a hand over his eyes, and looked at me.

“Neko?” Without hesitation he jumped down from his perch. “Oh my god, it really is you. You're still alive!” He pulled me into a strong hug. “What're you doing with these guys?”

“Huh? This is Pahhur, Raven, Vyrse, and Syndil. Like Pah said, we're going around getting people to safety. We could use help doing it.” He laughed a bit.

“Ah Neko, always trying to save the world. Well I'll be a bit sad to loose all this, but I guess I can just make more later.” He turned and placed a hand on one of the buildings, it broke down into pieces, which he crafted a bag from and began sliding gold bricks into.

“You do need to eat right?” Pahhur said.

“You mean you guys don't have food?”

“We don't have much left.” I said; he sighed and began pulling the bricks back out.

“I'll go empty out my storage.” He muttered before storming off.

“Wow. Another guy like Pahhur. We might actually make it.” Raven said.

“I get the feeling we should double check any bags he brings back.” Vyrse pointed out.

“He'll get the food, he just acts like his deck isn't completely stacked.” I pointed out. I felt my heart calming, knowing that one of my closest friends was still alive. Steel was about as reliable as they come; even if he is a bit selfish at times.

“I think this will be a good choice next.” I heard Syndil say from behind me. She had the orb out, and the others were huddled over it.

“Looks like they're under attack, but they are on a mountain, and seem to be able to hold their own.” Vyrse was analyzing.

“We ready to go?” Thorium had returned with a few bags and a fair sized ball and chain tied around his wrist.


Comments:

Yes, the remaining characters are all elemental people. Yes they are all based on friends and family, with a few exceptions. Yes I know it's corny, but I'm not too good at creating characters; so I wanted bases to work off of. The reason they all know each other from before is to cut down on bogging this thing down in back story and circular conversations.

Yes I think I'm clever.

No comments:

Post a Comment