Sunday, November 13, 2011

Fan Fiction Chapter Series. Ryoga Chapter 3



This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.

“You think he'll be back?” Odin asked, as we sat outside again. At least an hour had passed since Goku left for food.

“I dunno, I get the feeling he's more likely to eat whatever he finds.” Odin grunted an agreement.

“Hey, I think I see someone.”

“Is it the bottomless hole back with food?”

“No they aren't flying. It looks like a woman and a child.” I went around to take a look, low and behold the object of my affection was running right for us.

“Akane!” I yelled as I leapt down the mountain side, uncaring of gravity.

“Ryoga!” She yelled back, surprised. “Look out!” I looked up, spotting men in black armor coming out of the woods. They were firing what sounded like machine guns. I felt a bullet hit my shoulder hard and bounce off.

“I'll handle them!” I yelled, landing solidly and charging. Fortunately there were only two of them, I shielded my head with my arms as I closed the distance. In less than a minute I was on top of them. I rapidly knocked both guns away, and in a consecutive move landed a solid punch into the chest plate of one of them. I felt air on the other side. They were empty inside. Rather than waste time pondering that I tried one of my usually more useless techniques.

“Bakusai Tenketsu!” I pressed my finger against the metal plate, and suddenly the creature exploded into fragments. Seeing this, the other one began to run, I quickly drew one of my bandanas off my head and tossed it, cutting the other neatly in half. Akane had caught up with me at this point and was breathing heavily.

“Thank you Ryoga. It's a good thing you had all that endurance training.” I remembered the training with a shiver. Still it was thanks to that beating that those bullets only left me with bruises.

“Come on, let's get inside.”

“Inside?”

“There's a little base in the mountain. We're fairly safe there.” I then noticed the kid that had been with Akane. “Who's the kid?”

“Dunno, just heard him calling out when I woke up. Then we ran into those things and I kept him close for safety.” We reached the foot of the mountain, and I quickly realized I had no clue how to get inside. While I was standing there, looking at the flush rock face, it swung out and hit me.

“Here you guys are.” Odin said, from the other side. I moved around and into view. “There's hidden doors like this all over the mountain. No way inside from the outside, unless yer me.” He led us to what was the main chamber; but was currently where we were storing the unconscious people.

“Mommy!” The kid yelled suddenly, and went over to one of the sleeping forms. “Wake up!” He started pushing at her, but she wouldn't budge. Odin put a hand on the boy's head.

“She'll wake up, just give her time.” The boy was a bit teary eyed that his mother wouldn't respond, and refused to leave her side. I turned to see Akane looking upset.

“I'm sure she'll wake up, they all will. I mean we did, and they're still breathing.”

“Won't they need food and water.”

“Well, about that. We kind of don't have any for ourselves right now.” Odin said, moving out of the room after checking each of the sleeping forms. “They'll be better off than us, they're asleep and not burning energy, we however are very much awake, and very much without food.”

“I'll go back up and wait for Goku to arrive.” I said, though it took Odin walking me out to the platform.


1 comment:

  1. And another dog in the wheel. No the kid and sleeping people are not named. Whether they are important or not is to be seen.

    I'll probably be swapping to Akane's perspective next week, since otherwise Ryoga's chapters are going to become an internal pity party pretty fast.

    Other than that I've been sick as a dog, and found out that the drum kit for Rock Band I got was not compatible with the cymbal expansion so I have to send that back. Which really sucks because it was my birthday present from my grandmother; who bless her actually reads this blog.

    I could probably spend a while rambling about my grandmother. But that'll invariably bring up the rest of my family. There aren't many in my family that I'm on good terms with.

    Anyway, I caught the cold from hell this week. Which is troubling, since my normally high body temperature usually kills most diseases that try to roost in my blood. But every now and then I get these heat resistant super colds that not only knock me out for a few days; but tend to be devastating to other people. (Not kidding, one of my friends was incapable of leaving her bed for almost two weeks after catching a cold that had me down for five days.)

    So yeah, I'm just trying to keep my contaminants to myself for now. That and culture them under my bed for world domination plan #329.

    ReplyDelete