Thursday, December 1, 2011

Dimensional Warriors: Metudo's Story Chapter 9


“It's just a little injection. It's got the bonus effect of immunizing you from future nanobots.” Tech was hanging around me, holding an imposingly large needle. Thankfully we were moving; unfortunately, we were now a fair sized group of people. Anatos and Leukos were up ahead, Jato and Lark were conversing with each other, leaving me with Tech.

“Why don't you inject that into someone else?”

“But I made this one special for you. It's resistant to mental energy.” He said, proudly tapping the glass.

“Odd, is it resistant to gravity?” Tech seemed to ponder that for a moment.

“I guess I could improve it, maybe some anti-matter in the shelling.” I took my opportunity while he was distracted to try and get away; only to run into Jato's backside. The others were standing and staring at the structure up ahead. Once my eyes focused on it I understood why. There was a mountain up ahead, encircled within a forest, but the face of the mountain seemed to have been plated in some sort of crystal. With the sun high, color refracted in all directions; making the forest below a sea of reds, purples, and blues.

A few hours later and we were in the woods; the crystal mountain beginning to fill the horizon. As we got closer I could see smaller structures near the top, there seemed to be a platform about halfway up, and there were people moving around on it.

However, our approach was not so simple. I heard the clanking sound of armor. Solarus. Thankfully everyone took cover on my order. The forest was apparently swarming with them.

We huddled in a circle.

“Who here can fight?” I asked.

“I've got a weapon of sorts.” Leukos said, holing out a small metal pole, barely larger than his hand.

“I've only got my arm.” Tech said. “Plus I'm not all that good at fighting.”

“I've gotten pretty good with this staff.” Jato commented.

“I'm a good shot with this bow.” Lark said, pulling a small twig out of her hair, which immediately grew into a full sized bow.

“Let's see Solarus... ah here.” Tech had a file open on his arm. “Let's see, here we are, while the bullets are non-fatal to Gods, they are designed to drain a God's energy upon contact.” He kept reading, more to himself, before finishing up. “They're pretty much harmless unless in very large numbers, which is probably why they've avoided us so far. But it sounds like if you get hit with enough bullets, your strength will give out. The bullets will eventually knock you out.” Tech finished. “I'll hang back here and look for an opening to move.”

“Right. So, keep in cover people, take safe shots, and try not to get shot too much. We're going to try and open a path to the mountain.”



Comments:

What? Metudo's group is gonna fight? Really? I thought they were pacifists.

Anyway, it is just about finals week and school is kicking my ass. So my comments are going to run a little short 'till school is done. Mostly because my brain is being filled by useless factoids that make no sense.

Yes I will try to keep updating on schedule, straight on through finals; mostly because I'm damned good like that. And because finals can bite me.

Let's see, it's been a week so let's go in for a new webcomic.

Dark Legacy Comics is a good one for those World of Warcraft fans out there. There are a few story arcs, but mostly very well done jokes. About midway through the humor becomes more middle of the road, meaning you don't even have to know anything about World of Warcraft to enjoy it. Now I no longer play, but I used to. Hell I put about five or six years into that game. It was good, it was fun, but after so long the same old shtick isn't interesting anymore. Nowadays I'm pushing more retro games, like Fire Emblem 4. (Which is not only winning, but kicking me while I'm down.)

I'll have Sunday's comic up on time like always. See yas!

No comments:

Post a Comment