Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day in Review (6/13/12)

So this is back, I'll explain later. First we'll go over the new stuffs today; a buncha comic updates.

Starting with Pebble Version, a Pokemon comic that follows the adventures of Brandon and May through the world of Pokemon. It uses this as a frame to satirize the series and examine some of the flawed logic. Today's comic was particularly funny, dealing with the mechanics of trading.

Next up is the Daily Blink, a World of Warcraft comic that switches between being a newsletter and displaying the inner workings of the development team (making extensive fun of some of the biggest names.) Today's comic was particularly funny and you don't even need to know anything about World of Warcraft to enjoy it.

Skin Horse also had an amazingly funny comic today, it's not often that we get to see a typical clumsy guy act like a bad ass, so when it does happen we're left with an odd mix, somewhere between laughing our asses off and having respect for the poor guy who managed to intimidate a security guard, while only holding a wrench.

Elsewhere I'm almost done with Avatar: The Last Airbender, with only half of season three left to go. I'm amazed at the deep ideals and reflections of humanity that course through this show. I won't say much more in case I get a chance to review it later. As well One Piece and Bleach saw releases today as well. Again I won't go into much detail, but it is nice to see Bleach finally starting to get back to what they do best; take a bunch of overpowered characters and find a way to screw them over.

One Piece was just it's usual level of amazing peppered with a bit of humor. Unfortunately it's hard to judge One Piece until you've seen the entire arc. Often times the story relies on its strength as a whole, and the author is not afraid to let there be some boring chapters at the start of an arc if it means he can amp up the tension later on.

I know I went silent for a little while, but my brother did just recently get back from college for a couple weeks, and I had Jury Duty yesterday, and Ted is leaving this Sunday for eight weeks. So mostly I've been getting caught up with my brother, working on all the comic pages we're going to need for the next eight weeks as well as trying to get enough footage to last eight weeks (something we failed at), topped with a little bit of being bored out of my fucking skull. (At least I wasn't picked to be on the jury, but I didn't even get to go up and tell them why I shouldn't be.)

No comments:

Post a Comment