Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: The Return Chapter 10

Sorry for the late update, Ted is heading out for a camp this Sunday and he won't really be around for 2 months, so we're trying to get a lot of stuff done before he leaves.

Next

I grunted as I hit the cold floor. A guard smirked down as he closed the door to my cell. “I would suggest you stay put until Sir Wraith returns. He can get... temperamental.” With that the man slinked off to a corner of the room.

“Tech, are you there? We need a way out, now. There's a shadow here.” Jato began talking fast into his communicator.

“I can't locate Pah. You guys are going to have to get close to her.” I looked up at Jato.

“We'll see what we can do.” Jato muttered back.

“I can bend the bars out of here, but we'd better hope that shadow is far far away.” I said.

“They're probably expecting us to try and escape...” Jato said, looking around.

“I could probably open the wall pretty quietly.” Jato nodded and a few seconds later we were scrambling down the halls, heading for the master bedroom. We spotted a few guards at the door and just opened another route through the wall. Pah was sitting in the center of the room, a set of runes were inscribed around her. She seemed bound. Jato tentatively reached out to her, but the runes began glowing and shocked him, revealing an invisible wall.

“I'm guessing that is blocking Tech. Any ideas?”

“Guys?” Pah looked up and saw us. “Awesome! Let me get outta these.” The cuffs on her wrists melted away and she tried to get up, but the barrier prevented her. She tried to set fire to it, but the fire just passed through, forcing me to move.

“Huh... Only semi-solid. Thorium, shift the floor and break the runes.” I nodded and moved the stone tiles until one set of runes were out of place, Pah quickly squeezed through and stood up.

“Alright, we're all together, get us out of here Tech.” I said.

“No.” Pah said.

“Pah, we're going.”

“He's attacking the other village. I can't just leave them.”

“If we go, he's just going to catch us again.” Pah shook her head.

“We have to try.”

“Pah.”

“At least we should warn this village, try and save them.”

“Alright. Come on, we can get to the plaza faster this way.” I said as we fled the castle.

Unfortunately the plaza wasn't a pleasant sight. As we walked out of the castle, we saw citizens encased in what looked like black crystal; frozen in place.

“We're getting out of here.” Jato said. I touched one of the crystals, feeling its cold surface for a few seconds.

“Let's take one of these. I want to know what this is.” I said, lifting the chunk off the ground as a portal opened. Jato gripped Pah firmly and pushed her through and I followed close behind.

Next

No comments:

Post a Comment