Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day in Review (6/7/12)

Saw a lot of videos today, so there's a lot to talk about.

First off I saw Yahtzee's new review on Max Payne 3. A series I only know by name, and I've had very little interest in. However once this one drops in price (and I can afford to purchase games) I might pick this one up, if only to play around with the bullet-time physics. (Yahtzee always seems to manage to find the best and the worst in games. Almost simultaneously.)

Next was a quick review of the E3 conferences by Benzaie. Who managed to riff on all of them, in practically the same manner. It's a quick video, but very funny.

Finally Cinema Snob brings us a horrible movie "They Saved Hitler's Brain". The review did a very good job of showing exactly how bad this movie is, and it provided him plenty of material to poke very very large holes in. The review was hilarious, but the movie footage is almost painful to watch.

Several comics also updated today, Looking For Group and Head Trip being the most notable.

I'd like to say props to LFG Comics for having an openly gay goblin. Even if he's trying to sacrifice the main character to his god.

And Head Trip brought about a bit of realistic humor, that really only cat owners will understand. However true it might be.

Ted was over today, and work was done on the comics, we almost have enough to cover his eight week absence starting in a little over a week. In the meantime we also watched All Good Things, the final episode of TNG. Followed by Caretaker the first episode of Voyager, and Emissary the first episode of Deep Space Nine. We closed off the day with Star Trek Generations, and I have filled out the rest of the day watching Avatar.

A few things, All Good Things was amazing! I love the end of the series, and it is possibly the best episode in TNG. Caretaker was meh, I actually enjoyed it more when it was being silly, as soon as they tried to do stuff I got bored. Emissary was awesome, I'm looking forward to seeing a cast of gritty characters throw grit at each other. Generations was meh. Worth it, if only for the many Kirk-Picard jokes. I am, however, hooked onto Avatar the Last Airbender. I may finish that before traveling much deeper into Trek.

G'Night everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment