Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day in Review (6/6/12)

Work got done today! But first we have an illustrious Nostalgia Critic video!

The Critic gave us another one of his infamous top 11 lists. This time, we got his Top 11 Simpson Episodes. It was fairly through, covering most of the biggest and well known episodes, however the point of contention (even he noted it would be) seemed to revolve around his number 1 pick. I personally do not agree with his choice (for me its a lot harder to pick, but the Treehouse of Horror where Homer goes to Hell would probably be my #1) but I do agree with Why he chose it. When a series runs as long as the Simpsons has, and has had as many outstanding episodes as this particular series has, everyone's favorite is going to almost assuredly be different. Because Simpsons runs the humor and topical gambits, there are going to be episodes that individually appeal more to each person. I'd guess that very few people actually have the exact same #1 episode, but can agree on which ones are very good; just based on our tastes in humor.

Outside of that I did finish off TNG season 7, although I skipped most of the later half. I know now why people regard it as a weak season, the first half is relatively strong with some good and interesting stories, but in the latter half of the season the ball is dropped and kicked into a nearby playground. However I am not counting All Good Things in this analogy. I haven't watched that episode yet, and plan to do so when Ted comes over next. (As well as plow through the four movies. If only to see Kirk get buried under a pile of rocks.)

Finally, progress was made, I got the footage from Ted onto my computer where I can ignore it until I'm willing to suffer through Pinnacle. I also got a lot of work done on the Fan Fic chapter, but it isn't an easy one to write. Emotions are running pretty high on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment