Monday, April 2, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Into the Maw Chapter 11


Leukos
Neko, Move!” I turned in time to see Pah grab Neko before an enormous jaw clamped down on him. My eyes traveled to the creature that had attacked seconds before another head plummeted towards me. Plenty of time for me to step out of the way. Neko was on the ground with Pah, and seemed to be trying to fix him, as the three-headed beast loomed overhead I drew my weapon, launching two arrows to get its attention.

No sooner had its six eyes focused on me, then a bone shaking blow rippled through my body. As I twirled in the air I caught sight of the creature's massive paw. I struggled against the pain and managed to stand back up in time to see Neko being dragged into the floor, Pahhur's body now apparently made of stone. My mind was reeling even as the beast closed in on me.

Before I knew what had happened everything went dark; and slimy. I shook out of my daze and channeled a little energy into my fingers creating some light. I was in a dark, fleshy cave, as the walls moved in a slow pulse I entertained no questions as to my location.

I began searching, but soon realized that wherever I was, it was man-made. The walls were relatively flat, and there seemed to be no openings. As much as I was going to probably suffocate, it didn't seem likely I was going to be digested. This theory was further proven when I stumbled across a body.

It's shape was strange, sporting several long limbs attached to a main body, it also showed no signs of decay. I could only guess how long they had been in here; then I noticed something else. In it's clawed hand was a blade wedged into the floor of the room. I looked around, noticing the deep scars in the surrounding tissue where the blade had cut deep. Thus I used some energy to turn my own weapon into a blade.

After a couple of quick slashes, it quickly became obvious the creature wasn't feeling a thing; and all I was doing was wasting valuable air. After a moment I chose my only remaining option and pried the blade loose from the dead creature's hand. Almost immediately, the entire sword lit up, the blade extending, revealing little slits in the metal. I began to pull it out of the floor, but half the blade seemed to stay behind, a bright electrical light channeling between the half in my hand and the half in the floor.

Curious I tested an idea, watching as a piece of the metal slowly separated from the half in my hand and slid along the electrical link to the half in the ground, leaving another link in its wake. I could feel my lungs starting to burn so I had no time left. Instead I focused on the tip of that blade, pushing it with my mind further into the creature; hunting for a way out.

I felt a small breeze, realizing I had cut right through I make the link go rigid and sliced upwards, cleaving the flesh open. I could see blood and a putrid material spilling on the floor outside, even as the monster tottered to one side and fell, shaking the tunnel.

I managed to get a few steps away from the carcass before loosing what little food I had all over the floor. A minute later I recovered to my feet and fled the gruesome scene and returned to wandering the tunnels.


No comments:

Post a Comment