Monday, April 9, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Into the Maw Chapter 14


Our growing band came to the end of the path, three new paths splitting out. Me, surrounded by a band of potential liars. Just one of them could be my fall.

Fuck all of you.” I said, separating away from the others, hopefully out of range of the others.

Anatos.” Odin started.

You may want to trust these walking time bombs, but I'm out. I'm going this way, I'm finding a way out of this hell, and I'm doing it alone.” I took two more steps, and Moot took three towards me. “Get away from me!” Even as I said that walls came up between us and the rest of the group. Just me and Moot now.

Shit.” Moot muttered under his breath, his normally jocular face now a mask of contemplation. “Anatos, we're not going to get anywhere if we're running scared.” He said, taking another step.

So we should all walk around laughing and smiling like you do!?” I said back.

You're falling for his traps, even now.” Moot said, coming to a stop a few feet away. “I won't chase you if you want to be caught in a lie.”

I'm not going to be caught, I'm going to succeed.” I said, turning and dashing down the new path.

Leukos
We fell for another trap. Only one path remained, and we had been cut down to two. I looked solemnly to Odin, who pounded at the wall, but even trying to shift it caused it to only shift back. With a final thud of his fist he turned to me.

Well, I guess we've had our choices made for us.” He said, and began down the new hall.

Fortune seemed to smile on us soon however as we came across a capsule; even at a distance I could see Neko resting inside.

Neko!” I dashed over, tapping the capsule a little. She didn't budge. Odin came up as well, as soon as he did the floor began moving down; carrying the three of us with it.

Zephos
I could here Odin pounding on one of the walls behind me and rested against it for a moment. I shook myself a little, realizing whatever had gotten into Anatos was likely to affect all of us by the time this was over. I got up, looking over one of the nearby bins and picked up a few objects that looked like balls, practicing my juggling as I started down the only path left to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment