Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Dimensional Warriors Fan Fiction: Into the Maw Chapter 6


This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.


The tunnel paths twisted and turned, seemingly endlessly drenched in dim, hopeless, light. We relied on the two demon noses in the group, praying we would run into some of the others.

“To the left, the smell is particularly strong.” Ayame said, but stopped soon after turning. “Wait. Somethings wrong.” It didn't take us long to find out what, as out of the poor lit tunnels we saw people shambling towards us, even my nose was assaulted by a sudden stench of rot and decay.

“Lets... Not go this way.” I said, tapping Koga's shoulder. He looked at the other passages and nodded. Even as we turned around two of the three paths began filling with the same stench of decay, Koga and Ayame were forced to hold their noses shut, and even with that countermeasure were slowly being overwhelmed.

“Here.” Soifon said, pointing to the only remaining path. We slipped past as she used a bit of shinigami magic to block off the other passages. This thankfully dulled the smell, however before we knew it, a pit was opening behind us. Soifon turned only to have the ceiling come down between us. Akari was caught by the falling floor, Shinosuke reached out to her, but also began falling. I of course jumped after them, ready to smash anything that might be at the bottom of the pit.

Of course the bottom was lined with spikes, and of course I summoned my spirit sword and used it as a perch for the three of us. Problem was, we were trapped, and my energy wouldn't hold out forever. However it was proved unnecessary, as the spikes became tendrils, reaching up towards us.

I made sure Akari was holding on to me tightly as I released the sword that was holding us up, crafting another one as we fell. Shinosuke had his broom prepared, and the two of us began battering away the multiple tendrils until our feet found soft ground.

The light of my sword showed some form of path ahead, so we charged, cutting and pushing our way through the sea of tendrils.

Soifon
I was alone now, but that was for the best. I turned to see to the oncoming horde, trying to pick the path of least resistance before the weak barriers fell. Kido was not my strongest suit, I finally chose and drew my zanpakuto. I felt I would need some distance, and my Shikai was just not built for taking out multiple opponents.

I made my break, cutting into the first creature with a swift and clean blow, before turning into a kick and charging my body with energy blasting a small path through the clumped together foes. With another kick off I bolted through, and sped well out of range of the shambling foes, suffering only a small scratch from one of their claws.


No comments:

Post a Comment