Saturday, April 21, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Into the Maw Chapter 19


Leukos
The walls eventually opened out to reveal a dreary cityscape, filled with short rectangular buildings. At least the paths seemed to be a regular gridded shape.

“Hey, look.” Odin nudged me and pointed closer to us. I could see something moving slightly down below and turned back to Neko. I had already fried the capsule, but she hadn't quite woken up yet.

“Neko... Come on, wake up...” I shook her a little and she seemed to struggle a little.

“I think they're getting ready for us down there.” Odin said. I moved back to the edge, sure enough I could see Solarus starting to crowd the area.

“I guess we should take advantage of our height.” I said. I took out my weapon and formed a bow before seeing a slithering motion down one of the passages. I tried to take a shot, but missed.

All at once the elevator began to plummet down to ground level. My teeth were still rattling when it came to a sudden and heavy stop. I didn't have much time to recover either as bullets almost immediately began to fill the area. Odin shifted a wall between us.

“Wh-What's going on?” I turned to Neko who was groggily getting up.

Oh just a couple of hundred Solarus. You know, the usual.” Odin said. Neko shot up, checking her gloves for a moment before looking around.

“Do we know what side they're weakest on?” Odin just shrugged.

“Left wall then, we'll make a break for it.” As Odin moved to lower his wall it exploded outward towards us, an enormous serpentine head now occupied most of the tiny room we had fashioned. “Right Wall! Right!” Neko yelled, as we stumbled out.

A few feet later and another serpentine head bolted around a corner towards us. As we split to either side I noticed the Solarus had backed away in favor of this new threat. I quickly looked before kicking off the thing's enormous body and hopping onto the rooftops.

“It looks clear up here!” I called down to the other two and soon we were dashing along the roofs. As we did more snake heads rose from the pathways below, then they vanished as quickly as they had appeared.

“Just keep running!” Neko said pressing forward. However we were quickly faced by a new serpentine head. We turned to make a break but quickly found all of our exits blocked by eight serpents. I drew my new sword and got ready to fight.


No comments:

Post a Comment