Monday, April 30, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Into the Maw Chapter 23


Thorium charged past me, his weapon becoming a blur of steel. The room shook as the General shattered Thorium's attack easily. Before I could register movement it was in front of me a second later I felt my gut pulse with pain before my feet left the ground.

The window behind me shattered with my force of impact, and the far wall behind that dented inward before I slumped to the ground. My body strangely didn't even feel the perceived pain, even though I found it hard to actually move. I saw Thorium clashing with the General through the busted window. After trying to move again I decided to sit and watch, allowing my body to slowly heal itself.

The General held six blades in it's hands, and was relentlessly striking at Thorium. He had formed a shield of sorts, but each blow tore right through the metal, cutting into him with expert precision. The General was obviously avoiding vital organs and swiftly slicing muscle and bone. Already Thorium was supporting himself with metal braces, using his energy to keep his body moving in a structure of mechanical parts.

I was honestly surprised, despite the pooling blood, Thorium retained his cool, focusing on defense as the two struck back and forth. However Thorium was pressed into a low table, the structure fell and he collapsed. The General moved swiftly down after him, and I forced myself to my feet in order to see and possibly assist.

The General had him pinned, each of the six blades pinned Thorium to the ground. His breathing had become heavy, and I struggled with my suddenly aching body as I moved to help. I watched as his eyes rolled back into his head, his body lighting up with energy. The blades holding him changed form as they were exposed to that light. They began glowing a sickly green color, which held for a few seconds before changing to a deep red and then exploding in a cloud of shrapnel. The General was shredded in the process, but Thorium was completely unconscious and severely wounded. I sat down next to him and mentally set up a barrier over the doorway before beginning to try and seal his wounds. As I did, I tried something desperate. I had to let the others know where we were, I knew I could send mental signals, but I hadn't been successful. I prayed this time would be different as I tore a piece of my shirt to seal a particularly deep cut.


No comments:

Post a Comment