Sunday, April 1, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Into the Maw Chapter 10


Neko
Let's try this way guys.” Pah said, peeking down a corridor. “I see some light.” Sure enough there seemed to be a bright room at the end of that tunnel, and honestly anything was better than these dim-lit tunnels. With a quick nod we followed along behind, until the tunnel opened out into a large room. The ground had painted white tile, the walls were a sky blue, and a bright light seemed to radiate throughout the room. There were houses, a path, white picket fences, even ephemeral people waving to us as we explored.

What the hell is this?” Leukos asked, instantly cautious.

Look food!” Pahhur yelled, overwhelming his brother's argument and rushing to a laid out table. The both of us sighed as he attacked the laid out bread basket. I chose to ignore his stupidity, and look around. The place reeked of a trap, I knew it, Leukos knew it, Pah... We might have to drag him by the scruff.

Move!” I was knocked off my feet and out of my thoughts quite suddenly. I looked up to see Pahhur embracing me, even as a small trail of blood dribbled down his face. The room had dimmed quite substantially, but most noticeably, a giant black dog now filled most of the room. It's jaws were now firmly clamped on either side of Pahhur's body, I felt it shake the both of us a little before releasing its grip. With a fuller view I could see the creature had two other heads on either side of the one that had attack.

My attention was quickly locked on Pahhur, he was bleeding a lot.

Neko...” He rasped, lifting a weak hand.

Shh... It'll be alright. You'll be fine.” I said, hurriedly ripping his shirt into strands to try and stop the bleeding.

I've always...”

I said be quiet, you start talking like that and you won't make it.” Even as I spoke I felt another presence in the room. By some will, not my own my head turned slightly to see the image of a man. His image was purely white, from the robes to his wings to his skin.

This man will die.” It spoke, almost in a commanding tone.

No, no he won't.” I couldn't help the tears coming down.

I could save him.” He paused, watching me tie another bandage. “All you have to do is help me.” I paused for a moment.

What do you want?” I asked.

Just your help at some point in time, at my choosing.” My brain seemed to freeze. Nothing added up here, but as Pahhur's body shuddered under my hands I knew I couldn't just watch him die.

Alright. I'll do it.” Pah's body went rigid for a moment, then he breathed steadily and looked up at me. His eyes a pitch black. Before I knew anything, he was holding me, pulling me close. Then I realized his arms were not flesh, but stone. A moment later I was surrounded by darkness.


No comments:

Post a Comment