Monday, April 16, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Into the Maw Chapter 17



Jato
Shh.” I whispered to Lark as we rounded an ally. We had woken up to find ourselves amongst large warehouse sized buildings. There were wide streets built all over the place and many smaller alleyways. There were also Solarus, a lot of them. Fortunately they either didn't have or couldn't use their ATLAS technology. So we had been quietly slipping around the slow moving forces and looking for a way out of wherever here was. The Solarus that had been blocking our path finally moved and we slipped past. Ahead we saw something that looked like an elevator moving down towards the ground. Lark slipped up a wall to get a better look, but stayed low.

It's Zephos!” She said in an excited whisper. “He's being carried by some sort of werewolf. He looks unconscious.” I cursed under my breath, we were going to have to break cover now.

Come on, we better get as close as possible before we're found out.”

A little late Jato.” Lark said hopping down. “There's at least four groups of Solarus heading our way. I think they've turn on the ATLAS.” I gripped my staff as she drew her bow.

I don't want to have to say it but, I told you so.” I said before dashing towards the elevator.

We outran a lot of the incoming Solarus, but that did nothing to the numbers blocking the route to the elevator. We had done a good job of using the alleys for cover, thus preserving our energy, but we had no choice but a frontal attack. I felt the little pellets soaking my energy up as I closed distance and began wiping out the enemy defenses.

Not long after I began pushing my way through I felt a sharp pain in my side and looked down to see the werewolf creature Lark had mentioned, its right claw glistening with my blood. I swung at him, and he moved away. I felt woozy as he backed away. I heard a few arrows thunk into the ground in front of me. Then I heard my staff hit the floor.

Immediately I didn't feel pain anymore. My senses were sharpening rapidly, and I began scrabbling for my staff; but I couldn't find it. Then I saw the wolf-man on one of the roofs, he was taunting me with my staff.

I was bulking up, my control was beginning to fade. My vision became unfocused and blurry, and my body began thrashing wildly as I reached my full size.


No comments:

Post a Comment