Saturday, April 28, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Into the Maw Chapter 22


Metudo
“They're moving down towards us.” I said, looking over at Thorium. We were crouched in a very sterile hall. The white dim lit walls were suffocating.

“I'm guessing there's no way out going up then.” He replied.

“The Solarus seem to have backed off for now.” I said, sitting down to catch my breath. “What do you think?”

“What do I think?” He sat next to me. “I think we're screwed.”

“What's the chance this is just one of Avarus' bases? We just happened to stumble in on?”

“Not good. Too many Solarus.”

“Yeah, not to mention the more powerful creatures leading them. I've never heard of anything remotely like these things.”

“They are doing something down here.” Thorium said.

“Yeah, its sterile. From the images I'm getting from the others, there are other floors... Looks like eight... Maybe more. Each floors serves a different purpose.”

“Right. Well why don't we check one of these rooms?”

“We'd have to risk getting cornered.” Thorium stared at me for a while and I sighed. “Alright, I'll keep you covered. Let's go.”

We went down our chosen hall until we Thorium picked a door and kicked it in. There was an odd structure in the center of the room. Panels were laid out along the circular surface, I couldn't figure out the panels and saw a clipboard full of notes. Unfortunately I didn't recognize the language, but I folded the sheets and slipped them into a pocket anyway.

“Hey check this out.” Thorium said. I went over to where he was standing. There was a glass window, on the other side was a conveyor belt. I watched as pieces of black metal materialized on the belt, were assembled, then carted off to somewhere else.

“Solarus.”

“Looks like this belt can make about one a minute.”

“We can't assume he only has one belt.” I said.

“You would be correct.” A voice came from the doorway. I turned to see a blue plated figure with six limbs standing there. It had all the hallmarks of a Solarus.


No comments:

Post a Comment