Thursday, April 26, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Into the Maw Chapter 21

Next

I tried to focus my eyes, but my body was aching all over, it hurt to move. I saw the remaining heads filling my sight. Like a ripple, strength began to return to my limbs. I managed to shift my neck up, and saw the end of my blade attached to my chest. It was blood red, and flowing. My mind slowly formed connections as the creature approached me. I pulled the blade out my chest, decision made. The fluid of the blade became clear a pungent odor immediately flowed off it. I turned it towards the oncoming heads, spraying it into their gaping jaws.

Their movements slowed almost immediately, and I quickly met their attack with my own. In a few simple slashes the remaining heads were laying on the ground dead, the beast defeated. My own rush of adrenaline now spent I collapsed and let sleep take me; only vaguely hearing three sets of footsteps heading our way.

Jato
We arrived just as Anatos finished his fight, Lark went to bandage him and I hunted for the others. I found Moot collapsed in pain and directed Lark over to him; where hopefully she could get some salve on his burns. It didn't take long from there to spot Neko, Leukos and Odin asleep. Thankfully not so deeply asleep that I couldn't rouse them.

“So who are we still missing?” Odin asked, looking over the group after waking up.

“It looks like half of us are still wandering around. Probably in pairs.” Neko observed.

“They're probably further down.” Leukos said. “When you were unconscious you were being taken down by an elevator. They might have gone further down before the capsules shorted out.”

“Seems pretty reasonable. If they're above us, they'll probably be heading down too, since that seems to be our only option in this place.” Neko said.

“Right, so we just need to find more stairs down.” Odin said as he lifted the still unconscious Anatos. I hefted Moot onto my shoulders and Leukos helped Zephos to his feet.

“Alright, let's keep it together guys.” Neko said taking the lead. “We'll get out of this, somehow.”


No comments:

Post a Comment