Saturday, April 7, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Into the Maw Chapter 12



Anatos
Metudo eventually took the lead in order to let the two of us cool off; and we eventually wandered into a brightly lit room. There was a farm laid out in front of us, ripened corn just beginning to push off the stalk. A lithe woman came out of a nearby home, rushing up to Odin. As she ran, a thin white trail followed her.

“I was wondering when you'd get here.” She said, clasping onto Odin's arm. “The harvest is just about ready.” Odin just watched, slack-jawed, even allowing himself to be slowly dragged away.

“Anatos, Metudo?” I turned to the familiar voice, and saw my mother in another doorway, my father just behind her. Without thinking or doubting I went forward, the house was almost exactly as I remembered it; right down to the small pool to one side. Somewhere in my head I knew this was a trap, but I was slowly being foiled by my own nature; almost laying to rest and watch TV when a small explosion occurred outside; rousing me to the window.

Odin had collapsed the house and crushed the farm, and with wrathful eyes stormed towards ours. I went out, Metudo close behind.

“Odin, wait.” I said, trying to stop him.

“Its all a trap, a cruel, heartless trap.” He said, trying to push past me.

“I know... but... Isn't it better? They're not my parents, but they're something right? I mean we don't really know what this Avarus guy wants right?” I said; but Odin placed his hands heavily on my shoulders.

“Anatos... They are your parents... What's left of them. He's controlling their souls, Christine finally managed to break through and tell me before vanishing. This perversion has to be stopped.” He had renewed vigor, and I had no strength to stop him.

“Then that's even better right?” Metudo said, coming up behind me. “It means they're really here, everything's just like you remember it.” He was holding me now. I didn't know what to think, then his face was gone; his body became stone and crumbled away while Odin sheathed his sword.

“More lies.” He said, turning and shifting the ground to crush the house. I fell in the dust that had been my brother.

“How?”

“We've walked into hell.” Odin said, slowly sheathing his blade. “Where Satan built Heaven in his image.” He started back into the tunnels, and after a moment I followed.


I honestly do not know how this post got so messed up for those who saw it before 10:00 eastern.

No comments:

Post a Comment