Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Into the Maw Chapter 15


After a few minutes, two of the balls had hit random machinery and exploded. However I still had a single one left, which I continued to toss into the air on occasion. When it spontaneously exploded as well. As it did the area around me filled with the sound of howling. Looking around I spotted the source, slinking through the machinery like a giant shadow. I moved in, trying to get a better look when it leapt towards me, coming into the light.

I shifted out of the way, only being grazed by a claw. It landed heavily on all fours then slowly stood, it wore plated steel and rather than skin it had thick matted fur. I could tell he was some sort of giant wolf.

“Good boy! Do you know any more?” I asked, wondering if he knew how to fetch. Somehow I got the feeling he was glaring at me. His nose twitched a few times.

“Human.” He said. “What is your kind doing down here?”

“I'm technically a God.” I replied, wondering where he was going with this. His face lit up.

“Ah, the prophecy! I must test my metal against you!” He almost trotted over to one of the nearby machines, returning with a blazing sword and golden shield.

“Sounds like fun!” I said, tugging at my nightsticks. He charged me as I was occupied, so I moved out of the way. “I'm not ready yet!” I said, finally freeing my nightstick. “Alright, go.” He swung again, this time cutting through an overhanging piece of machinery. The beam exploded.

“So is running all you do?” He said, steadying himself and preparing to strike again.

“No. I also do scrtiches.” He seemed upset at this and began swinging wildly, his sword exploding anything it cut. I just floated out of his reach until he calmed down.

“Coward! Fight me!” He yelled.

“Is that what we're doing?” I asked down to him. He just yelled incoherently up at me. “Alright, then here I come!” I said, flying low to strike him with my nightstick.

I immediately regretted that decision. As soon as I was in range he swung, grazing my arm. However the cloth and flesh around the wound exploded, sending me veering far off course and making my landing very painful.

“Oww... Damn that hurts.” I said, getting up. I spun my weapon a little in my hand, improving the air flow in the room. He charged towards me, I ducked in to land a solid hit, but his shield came out of nowhere and knocked me across the room. A little stunned I began shaking off the damage even as he closed the distance. I shot up into the air to avoid the oncoming blow. I needed to keep some level of leverage.

“If you're going to just stay up there, then I have some toys I want you to meet!” He called up to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment