Thursday, March 29, 2012

Dimensional Warriors Fan Fiction: Into the Maw Chapter 5


This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.

Kuwabara
“Warning! Warning! Protector class troops loose in the base! Sealing infected tunnels!” A plesant voice came on over the alarms before the pathways on either side closed up suddenly.

“Purging infected zones!” I heard the low squeal of gas pouring through the vents.

“Shit!” Koga yelled, his mouth covered. In a simple strike Choutzu cracked open the largest vent.

“What are you doing! You're just letting more in!” I yelled, moving to stop him, but Soifun grabbed me.

“Don't worry about me guys. I'll stop this.” He said, slipping easily into the small hole. A minute later there was a small explosion somewhere above us a second later a small jet of fire flew out of the open vent, catching on the gas in the room.

“Purge Failed, Three enemy casualties recorded. Venting tunnels and releasing troops.” I felt sick at how fast everything had just happened. Who else had died? Where? Why? I sat down as the walls opened up, bring with them a gust of fresh air.

“Well, we know where we are now.” Soifun said her eyes glued to the tunnels.

“Three people dead.” I muttered, slinking lower. Akari knelt next to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

“We don't have time for a pity party guys.” Koga said, rubbing his nose a little. “You heard the alarms, troops will be here any minute.” I got up slowly.

“Haven't you heard of a 'moment for the dead'!” I grabbed him by his cuff, pulling him in close. “Or are the rumors about demons true?” He gave me a cold stare.

“We will be joining them if we don't get moving. There will hopefully be time to mourn later.” As he spoke his piercing eyes never left mine. Finally I felt my nerves settle down and let go of him.

“Right. Then which way?”

“I think I smell humans this way.” Ayame said, returning from halfway down one of the halls.

“I guess that's the best shot we're going to get.” Koga said, motioning to the rest of our small group.


No comments:

Post a Comment