Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Metudo's Story Chapter 15

Next

It didn't take long for us to clean up and get Anatos to a medical bay. We would have done the same to Herm, but I needed her to talk; so we instead let her lay down and dry while we assembled everyone else.

Soon everyone was around the largest table in the base excepting Anatos, and Herm who was still slumped over; but she was snoring now, so that was a good sign. I looked over the newcomers. Neko, Asuka, Vyrse, Raven, Syndil, Thorium, Zephos, and Moot. Most of them Gods. We agreed to talk first. Explaining to them all we knew about Avarus and his Solarus; then Neko began talking, showing us her map. Tech didn't wait for Herm to wake up, as soon as our attention turned to her stirring body, he left with the map.

“Whahapend?” Herm was blinking rapidly and looking around. “Why am I so cold.” She was suddenly coherent and shivering.

“That's what I think most of the people here would like to know.” I said.

“Yeah, why did you lie to us all that time?” Zephos, a young man with silver hair, spoke up.

“I woulda felt less bad about beating you up all those times.” Thorium said offhandedly.

“We all thought you were dead.” Leukos pointed out, his usually carefree face a stone cold mask. Herm, now very aware of her situation was looking for escape routes.

“No one is going to hurt you.” I said calmly; being one of the few people who knew the truth ahead of time. She still was edging away, before she finally sighed.

“I... I didn't want you guys to pity me. I figured if you all saw me as Pahhur, you wouldn't treat me differently, and we could get through this mess without issue.”

“Be that as it may, you were still lying to us. Most of us knew you before, several of us were worried that you were dead. Don't you think it would be kinder to tell us, than leave us mourning?” She seemed to shrink into her chair. “I'm sure everyone here will have something to say to you, and that will be up to them. But I am going to say this, you weaken yourself when you hide the truth. I've seen you do it before, and it is a terrible habit to have. Tell people the next time something happens; from what I understand we need you to be at full strength if we're going to win this upcoming war.” With that I left her to her fate.

Next

No comments:

Post a Comment