Sunday, January 15, 2012

Fan Fiction Chapter Series. Akane Chapter 9


This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.

Metudo a tall and imposing man. He arrived one week after we had begun holding out at this base. With him was a group of powerful people. Odin quickly folded power over to him, and he rapidly changed the way we did things.

Over the next few weeks, we switched from using the entrances at the base of the mountain to using tunnels Odin had constructed that reached far out into the surroundings. We had food suddenly, a garden in doors. Even though we quickly got tired of fruits and vegetables, it was better than starving. We had power as well, earlier one of the women that had woken up, Bulma, had figured out a way to hook up a series of lights so that the lower tunnels weren't luminescent at best. Now we had a more stable power source, and a new guy, Tech, who quickly replaced the old lights with something more powerful; giving the whole base a kind of sci-fi feel.

I couldn't help but feel something was wrong. Metudo managed to get everything working well so quickly; it felt like we went from barely surviving to having a chance. Then I was picked to go out on the field.

Ranma raised a fuss, but unfortunately he had gotten hit in the side pretty deep earlier. I was more than happy to go, my energy still needed work, but my physical strength had rapidly earned me a top spot in most training groups. The group structures were fairly typical, a powerhouse, a healer, a scout, and a face man. All of which had some way of fighting back. In my case I was going to be working with a girl who was close to my own age named Sakura. She had short pink hair, but from what I had seen she was probably stronger than I was. She would be our healer; Ichigo was our face man, and Yamcha was our scout.

To make things quick, and keep us safe, Yamcha offered to fly me up, so far we had only heard of a few encounters with anti-air forces. So far those of us who could fly always took priority as scouts.

It was exhilarating, feeling the wind whip across my face as we sped high above the ground. Ichigo and Sakura were keeping an easy pace below us. Ranma had mentioned seeing a city last time he was out, and we were heading out to go find it.

It wasn't long before we spotted what Metudo called Solarus, those empty armored creatures that had chased me. Their numbers were sizable, but they had been growing since we had been making these attacks. Ichigo closed distance first. There was a shockwave and I could see bits of metal flying everywhere. They had trained their guns on him, but none of their shots landed. Then Sakura came in, slamming into the ground, the surrounding earth shattered; sending everything on it flying. Yamcha shifted me fully onto his back and began spraying a volley of blasts into the enemy mass.

From what I had heard this wasn't uncommon. The Solarus had virtually no reflexes, move incredibly slowly when compared to most of our fighters, and relied solely on their guns. Once we had figured that out, we effectively made them a non-issue. It was still impressive to see in action, it seemed none of the creatures could handle us. As I thought this I suddenly felt a sharp pain across my arm. I was falling.

Looking up I saw a large winged creature barrel into Yamcha, the both of them landing not far away. I started to get up, and heard the sick sound of a bullet piercing flesh. Ichigo was standing over me, blood running down his head. He looked back at me, flicking the stunted bullet off his forehead. It had left a deep dent, and the wound was bleeding freely, but Ichigo didn't seem to care. At the same time I saw the same creature preparing to attack from Ichigo's blind spot.

I got up, using all the energy and anger I could muster. It had already begun barreling towards us, and couldn't change its course. I felt time slow down as it approached, I swung my fist, aiming for it's deformed head. I felt my hand hit flesh, then bone, then air. The remains of the creature flew backwards faster than it had charged at us. Where it's head had been was a burnt mass. I realized my hand felt hot to the touch.

Not wasting a chance I drew on that same emotion, and took aim at a Solarus that was sneaking out of the nearby underbrush. Fire leapt from my hand, hitting the thing square in the chest. It fell backwards and shattered. I was elated, but I suppressed that emotion and charged in. Within minutes I was dishing out as much damage as Sakura had been. My body seemed to be charged with an unlimited source of power. Once I had closed in to the remaining Solarus, my martial arts provided more than enough fighting strength to punch, grab, tear, and throw them around. The creatures were slow, even to me; and even at a range I managed to successfully recreate the fireball I had thrown earlier a few times.

By the time Sakura had cleaned up Ichigo and Yamcha I was done with the leftovers; and feeling very proud. We did eventually find the town Ranma had mentioned, and there was some food there.


No comments:

Post a Comment