Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Neko's Story Chapter 15


Pahhur engaged her youngest cousin, blocking him from stopping me as I went onwards. I had resolved that whoever was in charge, I was going to take down. Before this mess had begun I had learned to fight, both in hand to hand and in bladed combat. Now I had a weapon, and I had power. Now it was my turn to shine. I was going to give these people the show of their lives.

I was halted when I realized who was in charge. Pahhur's oldest cousin, Metudo began walking down towards me.

“Neko.” Now I was pissed. I expected some jerk who didn't know how to lead, but I had met Metudo. He was smarter than this. I tried to keep myself calm as I spoke to him.

“Metudo, I'm glad to see you're alive. Now call off your goons.” My voice was steady, but my intent was there.

“Where is Herm?” I was thrown by this, he couldn't know could he?”

“Dead.” I replied, trying to keep him off balance.

“Let me rephrase, why is Herm still in the other room?” Well, that plan was dead in the water. Time to be honest.

“Anatos stopped us. She told me to keep moving. We need to unite Metudo. No good will come from us fighting each other.” He lifted a cane like a blade. At that point I knew exactly what had happened. He was a God, and he had some sort of mental powers.

“I agree, however, the people need to see this. They need to see our power.” I knew that was coming as soon as I said anything, but I wanted to have the moral high ground. I moved to prepare myself.

“So I guess we might as well do this then.”

“Let's say first pin wins.” He said, I couldn't help smiling.

“I just got these, so I can't make many promises.” I said, then launched myself at him before he could react. I felt my blade collide with the cane, but there was something else there, like it was encased in something invisible. He swung out to break the lock; but he seemed distracted. I closed the distance, feeling power surge through my body, an odd feeling broke out across my skin. I ignored it and charged again; he seemed to dodge my strike, but went tumbling after me anyway.

I turned around and saw a long strand of fur wrapping around his neck, I saw myself as its source, and took the opportunity to hold the blade of my weapon over his face. He just smiled at me.

“I give.”

“I am Antigon Herm!” I heard Pahhur's voice fill the room, my ears were ringing from the sound and I backed away from Metudo; focusing on blocking the sound.

“Impossible.” I heard Anatos' voice coming over the speaker.

“I almost died.” Her voice sounded pained. “When he gave me these gifts, he gave me a new body. This one.”

“Why should I care?” Anatos' voice had taken on a cold tone. “Why are you still alive? Why not my mother? Why not our grandmother? Why you? You never cared, you always passed me off never wanted to hang with me. No one did. I was the sick kid, the oddball. Don't think it didn't hurt the way you looked at me. The way I could never keep up. The fact that I could never be normal, ever again. Not even now. Now I have to be hydrated, constantly. I'm a freak of a different kind, and you. You don't even care do you?”

I saw Metudo heading towards the room, but the moment he opened the door a wave of water crashed into the room. Anatos was standing in the room, his eyes glazed over, he took two steps forward before falling over.

Regaining my senses I ran over to Pah's soaked form and pulled her out of the water. I had her stripped in seconds, someone came in and began helping me towel her off. She suddenly coughed up some water, and began breathing. I instinctively tore a piece of my pants off and placed it near her mouth. She slowly began chewing on it, before dragging it in and swallowing.

I breathed a sigh of relief, realizing that was the strangest resuscitation I think I would ever preform.


No comments:

Post a Comment