Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Metudo's Story Chapter 17


Two weeks were a very short amount of time in hindsight. It felt like in no time at all we were piling onto the aircraft Tech had made for us.

“Metudo.” I turned to see him. “Take this with you.” He pressed a small bar into my hands. “It's something special. If you find their computers, plug that in, it'll give me remote access.” I held the small piece of metal tight and nodded. My mouth was too dry to talk, this was the real deal.

Neko was checking up on everyone at the start. I just felt ill. My mind was blank, I could feel my body shaking, fear, anticipation, a strange sense of lust. I could categorize the emotions in my head, but I couldn't stop them, like a bystander watching a train wreak.

“First drop point!” I heard Neko call out. That was fast. Pahhur and Odin hopped off, vanishing below tree cover. The ship turned suddenly. We must be going at a ridiculous speed. What did Tech put in this thing?

“Second drop point!” Jato and Moot.

“Third drop point!” Anatos and Lark.

“You ready Metudo?” Neko shoved me a little, I looked over at Asuka, she nodded. “Fourth drop point!”

As I fell a strange sense of wonder filled me. I wondered why I felt so weightless, I wondered what would be left of me if I did hit the ground, I wondered if Tech's makeshift parachute would work. A second later, my body jerked as the chute opened.

Here we were then, landing behind enemy lines in order to finish a war we didn't want and didn't start.


No comments:

Post a Comment