Monday, January 23, 2012

Fan Fiction Chapter Series. Shadow Chapter 13


This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.

I woke up on a hospital bed, the man I had seen earlier was on the cot next to me.

“Don't move.” I heard one of the nurses say. “You haven't recovered completely.” I laid back down.

“How long have I been out?”

“A little over twelve hours.” That quickly? I knew I healed quickly, but that was a little insane. The nurse must have noticed my surprised look.

“It's Orihime, she's got amazing healing capabilities. She is the best healer we have, he also was treated by her. We had to sedate him though while we set up some new locks on the kitchen.” I sat up again, I ached a little, but nothing a little running wouldn't fix.

“Don't forget to report in, they want to know when you're ready to go out again!” I heard the nurse yell after me.

I found a quiet place to sit and think in the Mobian district. There were children playing in the street below. It was an odd feeling, the world outside was in such turmoil, and even under constant threat, here the people still acted like there was peace. They even had started fighting amongst each other.

I guess that was our doing. We allowed everyone here to live peacefully, and the worst of it was we enjoyed doing it. I felt alive when I fought, I guess it was what I was built to do, but the others; they were like me, just born rather than made.

I pulled myself out of my head and went to Sally to let her know I was up again.

“Hey Shadow!” I heard Sonic coming up behind me. “Yer up!”

“Yes.”

“I didn't think anything could give you that kind of smack down.” He was in front of me now.

“I wasn't in Super form, it managed to keep me from doing so.” He seemed to think for a moment.

“Still, so you know, they're starting to send out parties after the crystals. They're only sending the best though, the last team just got back.”

“Interesting.”

“Yeah, it was a success, but some of them didn't make it.” I raised my eyes a little, it had been tough so far, but I hadn't heard of casualties yet. He looked away and then back. “Be careful out there, the next team is doubling up in size. You're running with me.”

“What?”

“We've got two crystals now, we'll each have one.” I didn't exactly like the idea of working with him, but if there were casualties among the strongest... My mind wandered to the thing that had attacked me. The man in the hospital, Goku. He was measurably the strongest fighter here. He won, but wound up in the hospital.

“Alright, but we're going to activate them as soon as we get out the gates.” I said, heading for the tunnels.


No comments:

Post a Comment