Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Neko's Story Chapter 16


Pah had a rough time of things over the next day or so. A lot of people were upset at her, myself included. As I had promised, now that we were safe and the facts had been brought up, my grudge had been resuscitated. I tried to not be so hard on her, the others were doing a good job of holding the cold shoulder, but Zephos had decided to forgive and forget fairly easily. Moot also talked to her, though half the time he was trying to scare her out of her skin.

Then again in the last two days Moot had quickly become a nuisance to everyone. Particularly to a young man named Tech. He seemed to have taken it upon himself to bring Moot under control.

A few days in a solution was born from some of Lark's plants. Moot had always been partial to chocolate, and even in his new form he seemed affected by a certain mixture that induced sleep. I was left in the care of these bars, and would throw one to Moot when he started getting out of hand. It would keep him quiet for a couple hours.

Thorium was a different problem all together, he rapidly got bored of gold and moved on to trying to make radioactive materials. It took me explaining to him why it was a bad idea before he even began to consider stopping.

All of this was occurring while Metudo and I were trying to put together a solid plan.

Finally after a morning of debating, we finally formed a plan. We were to attack from six directions, each compass direction, the sky, and underground. We had been broken into teams of two, leaving behind Vyrse, Raven, and Tech.

“Hey Neko.”

“Hey.” I said back to Thorium as I entered the training chamber. We had been sparring the last few days, since the two of us were going to be teaming up. He had gotten very accurate with his mace, and discovered he could change the metal at the end. He had been practicing different forms lately, but seemed to be fond of throwing it in a small form, and once it impacted making it spike outwards.

On the other hand, I had been learning powers of my own. My body could shift into just about any form I could think of, or at least partially shift. I hadn't managed to obtain a fully animal body yet, usually just a very enhanced human. Though if I shifted into anything with claws, the gloves seemed to merge with those and made the natural claws longer.

Tech had said something about genetic information being necessary, but without any animal life, there was nothing I could do. Instead I focused on find a form I found comfortable and maximizing its capabilities.

So far that has been a half panther form. The black fur works well to conceal me, the senses are sharp, the extra muscles in my arms and legs allow me to move quickly and hit hard, and the tail keeps me nimble and balanced. As of yet Thorium hadn't managed to land a blow, even when he tried to shift his metal and follow me.

The sparring had started while I was thinking, today wasn't much different, he tried shifting and I dodged out of the way, tapping his shoulder as I passed. This time though, I was launched from his shoulder by a powerful force. The cloth shirt he had been wearing was torn, underneath I could see a well made shoulder pad, bulging out and slowly shifting back down.

“Ha got you!”

“When did you make armor?”

“You like it? I'm making a set for everyone. Or at least everyone who wants one.”

“I think it would just slow me down.” I said, dropping from where I had dug into the ceiling.

“Probably.” I felt my fur stand on end and turned towards the door. Metudo was standing there.

“You guys ready?” He said, smiling. “It's time to go.”


No comments:

Post a Comment