Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Dimensional Warriors: Neko's Story Chapter 13


“I swear to you, there is something here.” Moot argue vehemently. We had to set camp to resolve it. All that could be seen for a good distance around was an open field. We had set up on the edge where the woods gave way to the grass. Moot was refusing to leave this area, intent on searching it thoroughly.

As night began to fall he still refused to stop searching. Prodding and poking at the ground as he went.

“See, this ground has been used.” He said pointing to an indistinct patch of dirt.

“How can you even see, there's barely any light left.”

“My gift is the Darkness. That is why I know there is something here. Deep, in a dark place.” He pressed the ground a bit, and seemed to be looking for something when Syndil spoke up.

“Guys incoming! Lots of them.” The fighters began gathering their weapons while me and Syndil began packing everything up and getting it behind the trees. We watched from a distance as everyone else moved out into the field until they were out of sight entirely. We only knew that the battle proper had begun when the dark horizon lit up bright orange as flames jumped up towards the sky.

“Beautiful isn't it.” A course, yet hollow, voice said behind us. Started I turned around to see what immediately looked like an Armor, but it wasn't. It's limbs were separated from the main body, the head was embedded into the collar, and the metal moved as it spoke. “Ah, so you were tracking us with one of our ATLAS devices. I'm surprised it didn't self destruct. Guess it was a good thing to have myself removed from the radar, now I'll take care of you two, then catch all the Gods around here. Master will definitely have a promotion for me.”

“You know you talk too much.” Another voice, from deeper in the woods. I could barely make out the person's form in the darkness.

“Ah, the first of many.” The Armor turned around. It's arms became a blade and a net. “Yes, you'll do nicely.” The two collided in the woods. I was torn between going and watching or running out to Pahhur's group. Then I heard someone yelling from behind me. It was Syndil; the ground Moot had been examining had opened up, inside was a very large man in green armor. Syndil had already ran past him into tunnels under the earth. I could see some of the fighters heading towards the opening too. The Armors were pushing them back.

I just stood there frozen, as a few people came out, grabbing the supplies and returning them to the tunnels, then someone gripped my wrist and my mind blanked. I remember slapping them away, I remember running into the woods. I wanted to make sure he was alright. I heard someone running after me, but I didn't care.

A familiar rush met me as I bolted through the woods, my already ragged clothing tearing more. Finally I stumbled on a chunk of metal. Strewn in front of me were the pieces of the creature; and leaning against a tree was the man who did it. His entire left shoulder was missing, he was bleeding everywhere and breathing heavily.

I ran up to help him, but I couldn't find my voice.

“I've called you here.” He said calmly. “Take up my arms.” He held out his good hand and pushed two clothe gloves into my hands. “Take up my power.” He continued, lifting his hand to my forehead. As his finger touched I felt rather than saw runes writing themselves on the ground. Then the world changed around me.


No comments:

Post a Comment