Monday, January 9, 2012

Fan Fiction Chapter Series. Shadow Chapter 11


This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.

We traveled a good distance before we came into a wide cavern. The ground had been shaped to make room for houses, so it almost looked like a village shanty; complete with the word Mobian's scratched out of the rock and under it Furries.

“Don't... don't mind the markings. Odin is coming down tonight to fix that.” Tails said, blushing a little before heading down a slight hill. As we reached the center of the village a commotion had been stirred up.

“Shadow, we should've guessed you'd be okay.” I heard someone say nearby. I spotted Knuckles resting on a slightly elevated hill.

“Is the Master Emerald alright?” I asked, recalling the ruin of Floating Island.

“Yeah, I got it installed as a new generator. Normally I don't like to do that, but we're in a tough place, and the Emerald asked to let it help.” I remembered something else.

“Tails, I have these for you.” I said, holding out the two gems I had been carrying around.

“That's one of the Chaos Emeralds right!” Tails said grabbing the normal Emerald. “We set up the Master Emerald chamber much like the ruins, so there are places to put these, we could generate enough power to maybe even finish some sort of cannon!”

“This one's also a Chaos Emerald.” I said, holding out the larger one.

“What!?” Knuckles hopped down next to me to get a better look. “It's not giving off the same energy as the other Chaos Emeralds.”

“I know. I retrieved this from Eggman. He had this weird orange ball thing and the two collided with each other.”

“You mean a Dragon Ball?” I looked to the source of the voice and saw Princess Sally approaching. “It was bright orange, fits in the palm of your hand and had rust colored stars in the center?”

“Yeah.” She leaned over, looking at the crystal. “Three Stars.” She muttered than lifted it from my hand. A second later her fur was standing on end and trying to change hues; I quickly took it back.

“What was that?” Tails asked, closing in now.

“It's one of the interesting things about this crystal, it's got far more energy than a regular Emerald, and its more accessible. Unlike normal Chaos Emeralds, this will allow anyone to tap into the energy. In fact with this one alone I'm able to enter my Super form.” Tails carefully picked it up. I could see his fur shifting from the power burst.

“I'm going to get these down to Tech's lab, I think we have the Dragon Ball we found down there.” He said, rushing off.

“I'll get you signed on as present, you'll probably be able to go out on the next scout group.” Sally said, turning and heading into an actual hut. Knuckles clasped my shoulder.

“Good to see you again. It'll be nice having someone that isn't as loud as blue boy.”


No comments:

Post a Comment