Sunday, January 8, 2012

Fan Fiction Chapter Series. Akane Chapter 8


This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.

Ranma watched with interest as Yoruichi began lecturing on bringing out energy. I focused my attentions more thoroughly now. Ranma was back, but it was only a matter of time before he got involved in what was going on. I didn't want him to leave me behind.

“Alright, what you need to do is remember the emotion on a consistent basis. That will draw out its power. Once you can do that you can start to control it.” This proved to be a problem, as I was too flustered to really focus.

“Shampoo! Put your clothes back on!” My attention snapped to Ranma, but he was just staring at me. I could feel energy flowing around me; my mind gripped at it desperately. Eventually I could still feel a little of it gathered in my palms. It was a start.

Gathering more energy, and gaining control of it was a slow process, and occurred over the next few days. Yoruichi wasn't the last one to try and teach me. Ranma helped out a lot; and as more people gathered here, many of them saw what I was doing and lent a hand. Three days in, and I could actually accumulate enough energy to throw it. I couldn't list all of the people that arrived, after the first day they came in droves. Now most of them staying, either to wait for others or because friends were already here. A few still went back out to retrieve people. Like Goku, Sonic, Koga (the man who had arrived the first night with food), A young man with short blonde hair name Naruto, and an odd guy who wore a straw hat and whose limbs stretched like rubber named Luffy. These were the folks that kept returning with supplies and people.

It was now the third day, and as much as people had been arriving we had also been having some of the sleeping people wake up. I was surprised the first day Tatewaki Kuno tried to grab me from behind. Apparently I hadn't noticed the delusional young man among the unconscious. More importantly, by midday of the third day my father and sisters woke up; along with Ranma's parents and the letch.

My father looked like a stern man with a broad chest and long black hair, but that was just a skin deep appearance. In reality he was a crybaby and a pushover. My eldest sister Kasumi was the epitome of innocence. She was kind, caring, soft spoken, and excelled at cooking, cleaning, and medical care. The middle sister Nabiki was the absolute opposite. She would do anything for a buck; and usually anything involved sell out Ranma or her family.

Ranma's family was a bit different. Genma, the father, was a chubby man, well past his prime and completely bald. He was also the definition of a slime ball. His favorite past times included stealing food and blaming his problems on his son. That said, Ranma's mother kept him well in check. Nadoka was very strict and old fashioned, but she was a kind soul at heart.

The less said about Happosai the better, he was a dried up old man who looked more like a flea than a human being. He seems to survive by sheer force of perversion. Indeed if removed from anything female for too long he will begin to shrivel up and die. Other than that nothing seems to kill him. Hurt, oh yes, but we haven't quite found a way of killing him; and that includes using a firecracker the size of a house on him and sealing him into a box with a demon.

There were other familiar faces that woke up as well, Shampoo and Ukyo had arrived at some point in time. Konatsu arrived soon after. Mousse showed up eventually as well as Shampoo's grandmother Cologne. The Kuno family had also somehow survived, as had out teacher Mrs. Ninomiya. Ryoga's girlfriend, Akari has also turned up, but her faithful giant pig was not with her. Dr. Tofu also had managed to arrive.

The base felt full now, there were people everywhere, whether I knew them or not. Every day more refugees seemed to pour in now that the third day was over. By Nicole's calculations, everyone will be awake and moving now.

Moving being the keyword. To combat the sudden increase in Armors, Odin had been steadily plating the outside in diamond, it still chipped and fractured in places, but after seeing them cut their way through trees and buildings to get at people, he decided we needed to upgrade.

I, meanwhile, was now training with some of the strongest people in the base. In particular one young man with long red hair seemed particularly intent on teaching everyone. His name was Kurama, and he would often watch over individuals, particularly the weakest. I didn't feel as ashamed to be marked as one of the weakest in this group, mostly because Ranma also ended up having tons of sessions with Kurama.


No comments:

Post a Comment