Monday, January 30, 2012

Fan Fiction Chapter Series. Shadow Chapter 14


This chapter contains material that I do not own, they are the property of one of the following: Akira Toriyama, Yoshihiro Togashi, Rumiko Takahashi, Tite Kubo, Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, and Yuji Naka. Please support these excellent artists.

After a bit of a talk with Koenma I managed to get them to send Sonic and myself alone. They mainly only agreed on the fact that we could warp with the Crystals, and a larger group would begin to be unruly. The idea being we would warp in and warp out without a problem.

Seconds later we were staring over a city, our combined energy radiating out. I felt rather than saw demons scattering away from us. In our Super forms, we floated down to the crumbling streets. The sun had set on this area a while ago; the world seemed quiet, still, dead.

“Shadow.” Sonic was standing down the road a bit, pointing. Looking down the street I thought I saw a golden tan ear laying on an upturned car. Sonic was already moving, by the time I got there he was holding her body silently.

She had been shot and left. Judging from the wounds it had happened weeks ago. Looking at her I felt anger coursing through my body. Sonic hadn't moved, I placed a hand tentatively on his shoulder.

“Cream... She's...”

“I know, we'll stop this. For her too.” I said, controlling myself fairly well.

“Must be nice...” Sonic said, slowly getting up and dusting himself off. “Not feeling anything.” He was giving me a cold look.

“Now is not the time.” His piercing stare didn't wane but he lowered his fist.

“Fine. Let's find this thing and get out of here.” I nodded, staring out into the darkness. While he had been talking we had been surrounded, I could hear the low thud of Solarus footsteps in the darkness.

“Blast!” I fired a small burst of energy, the light flew into the horde of Solarus and exploded. There must have been thousands of them. Sonic seemed to have noticed too.

“Well, this is going to be fun.”

“Break to the south.” I said, he nodded. I balled up as bullets began cutting into our energy shields. The two of us launched into the crowd, scattering and demolishing them until we were clear. Then we began running, circling the area as we went.

“When one of us finds the ball, fly up!” Sonic yelled at me, breaking off. I sped forward, driving myself back into the horde.

Just stopping scattered several of them, I fired off a series of shots, clearing a small area around a broken building. With opportunity present, I entered and began searching. Every few seconds I'd collapse a piece of the roof, or blast a hole in the floor, or destroy a Solarus that got too close.

Desks, closets, rubble, I searched everywhere I could think, before busting through the wall into the next building. By the time I had hunted through five buildings, the stray bullets had eaten away at my energy I was no longer blasting with it, using what was left to maintain a shield. My golden hue was beginning to fade, a few bullets had cut through my shield and I was already sporting a few freely bleeding wounds where I had been grazed or clipped.

Finally in a pile of rubble near the center of town I found the orange orb and reached for it. As I did my arm flew away, I felt the bone break as a bullet passed clean through. Looking up the Solarus were nearly on top of me. Quickly I grabbed the orb, and drew the last of my energy before launching myself into the air.

Sonic jumped out soon afterward and we used what was left between us to warp.


No comments:

Post a Comment